“Pleasant Surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Commodore
Spa Road, Llandrindod Wells LD1 5ER, Wales   |
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Slight trepidation because of low price and some reviews but had a good stay. Hotel is being upgraded but did not cause any inconvenience.
Stayed in room 26 which was clean, bright and warm.
Staff were also clean, bright and warm! Made me welcome without being over friendly. Nice people.
Had a meal in the evening in the lounge and breakfast in the dining room inthe morning. Both were good.
Have stayed in town before at places that were twice the price, but won't repeat now that I've found the Commodore

• Stayed April 2013

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have never refused to stay at any hotel in my life, but this one tested me to the limit and I left after only thirty mins in the room. Check in was quick, although no official welcome and no information given about breakfast or the services the hotel had to offer. My room was reached via a damp smelling long corridor, when I got in the room it was extremely out dated and paint was peeling of every surface in the bathroom. The general cleanliness of the room was poor but the bathroom lacked basic facilities, no where to put soap in the shower area and a net curtain over the window that was also in the shower cubicle. Towels provided were so old they were freyed around the edges, the final straw for me was the weak lock on the main door and no deadlock. When I told the staff I wasn't staying at the hotel they didn't ask why or even apologise.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
darwen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

went on a hen do last weekend and had a fantastic time the staff were lovely and the hotel is really friendly the open fire was beautiful. We all had a full on pamper day at the spa and alison who looked after us there was so friendly and attentive they do everything we were all very pleased

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't fault it. We needed somewhere to stay to cut our journey in half as we have a 6 month old daughter.
The staff are so friendly as soon as you arrive and will do anything for you. Big log fires to relax in front of, kids corner full of toys.
The family Room we had was massive with two massive beds. Full Breakfast was yummy and you could help yourself to toast, coffee and other bits.

On our journey home we popped in for lunch which was very nice indeed :-)

• Stayed March 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I recently stayed at the commodore during a trip through wales on our way to Cardiff. The hotel is a little bit dated in places but had to the charm. The staff where fantastic and great with my kids, nice to see they had a good sense of humour (which is rare these days).

Our rooms was beautifully modern and a great size for the family. Any thing the room didn't have a quick phone call and the staff brought it up for us.

The jewel on the crown for this hotel has to be it's food. The full english breakfast was truely out of this world and amongst the best I've had. My kids are little fussy around food but the staff catered to there request. We stayed for dinner and again the food was amazing and the deserts very morish.

Also on our trip we had our pet dog and he was also welcomed by the hotel with places we could take him and water bowls and beds for him.

Great experience, thankyou.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I booked a room on the strength that we were attending a reletives birthday party at the Hotel. So pleased we did !!!
As soon as we arrived in the hotel reception the staff treated us like family. They were friendly and there was a great buzz about the place.
Our room was spotless and tidy which is all you can ask and the breakfast was as good as we've had anywhere.
The function room the party was held in was great and if I lived nearer I would certainly use it for the conferences I organise.
The food served to us was I must say was presented extreamly well and tasted as good as it looked.
Simply summing up.
Fantastic value for money and we will certainly be going back.

Room Tip: I would seek help from the receptionist
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

I chose to stay at the Hotel Commodore as in the past I have stayed at the Metropole, which is over priced and not to my taste. The welcome you receive at this hotel is wonderful. The staff are helpful and quick to meet your demands. The reception and restaurant have delightful open fires. Perfect for an evening social with a glass or 2 of something cold from the bar. The food is delicious and great value for money. The hotel is packed with history and the new owners are updating the decor. The coffee shop will be a wonderful bonus when completed and the new Spa, a haven for relaxation, looks divine. There is still a lot to work on but having had the tour of the hotel can see its further potential and hope Andrea and Murdock continue to build on this great start.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Hotel Commodore? Share your experiences!