“Relaxing” 4 of 5 stars

Metropole Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Temple Street, Llandrindod Wells LD1 5DY, Wales   |
“Relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We had a suite which had a four poster bed, amazing. The restaurant was lovely and reading the paper in the conservatory/bar was relaxing. We both had a treatment (facial and full body massage) and they were good.

• Stayed May 2012
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Joanne L, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will return soon to repeat the experience. The four poster bed in your bedroom was handmade by a wonderful small business called the 'Four Poster Bed Company' which is in Lyonshall just 20 miles down the road from us. I was so pleased to find a local business that could make such a wonderful bed and am very pleased to read that it helped make your stay more enjoyable. Regards Justin, Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We stayed as a group of five friends, the hotel was full on the first night. This makes a clear impression of being a family hotel where strict procedures are applied and staff are trained to ensure that standards are upheld - a small framed mission statement near the front entrance lays out the hotel's intentions and is pleasantly "lived" rather than simply for show. Thus staff were friendly in all areas of the hotel, whether they were locals or from further afield. Food was excellent in both breakfast room and brasserie, and the spa area was refreshingly clean, well-equipped and easy to use. Sauna seemed a little cool but not a drama, steam room very pleasant. My room was slightly small but immaculately presented with no worn fittings or fixtures, and all bathroom facilities throughtout the hotel were of a high standard. I had expected a regional hotel with aspirations to high quality, but the Metropole delivers across the board. We will certainly be returning, since my experience was shared by the others in our party.

Room Tip: Try to ensure that a "single" room has two beds via a free upgrade if possible, it will al...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Novindcha, Thank you for your very kind feedback following your stay at The Metropole. I don't use the Sauna myself however will begin an investigation into whether there is a problem. Often these things are as simple as a dial that just needs to be turned up. I will get it sorted out. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to the hotel in the near future. Kind Regards Justin Baird-Murray, Owner.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Promised Justin I'd write this and then life got in the way...sorry Justin!
Chose the Metropole because of Justin's attention to detail in replying to reviews and customer care and was not disappointed! Metropole is beautifully decorated and has all the facilities for a lovely weekend break or a business stay over.. free and accessible wifi is alway a plus for me...
Staff were friendly and we also experienced first hand the local Victorian festival which was a real treat! Bar is also nice and buzzy with a cross section of people. Our room was great too -spacious and very comfortable big bed and a very filling and tasty full Welsh breakfast in the morning. All in all a lovely find.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Kirstieq. Thank you for you kind comments following your stay at The Metropole. When you stayed It was one of those marvellously eccentric evening that we occasionally have at The Metropole with lots going on. I am delighted you enjoyed yourself and that I had the opportunity to meet with you whilst you were staying. Please do let me know if you are planning to visit again, which we of course hope you will. Kind regards Justin
Wiltshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We chose to have our 53rd anniversary meal here ,and were very impressed.
A lovely menu ,making the choice was not easy. but thoroughly enjoyable and sent the chef our compliments.
, Staff very good and friendly and lovely ambience

Room Tip: We only visited in an evening but probably would go back to stay
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear WiltshireYram, I am flattered that you should chose to spend your 53rd anniversary dinning at The Metropole and I am delighted you had such a pleasurable evening. Pleased do come and stay we would be very happy to see you again. There are often special offers on our web site and currently we have a very good 2 night package offering 2 nights for 2 people at £198 to include dinner bed and breakfast with a glass of Champagne at dinner on your first night. Hope to welcome you to The Metropole in the future, Regards Justin Baird-Murray Owner
wolverhampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Metropole a few months ago on a deal, and I had the most fabulous room that had a seperate lounge. The food at the Hotel was a 6 course taster menu which I found was more than enough to satisfy our hunger. The service was excellent throughout the stay, which sadly was only one night, and the Hotel was lovely. Much bigger than expected. I will be going back at some point and certainly for a longer period.....
Have a nice stay...

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Astonished
Delighted to read you enjoyed our £99 offer. We are currently running another £99 offer however the window for booking is closing soon so if you wish to come and stay you need to book before the end of the month. Hope we shall see you back at the hotel again soon. Regards Justin
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

A pleasent stay and frendly staff. Room was well equipt and bathroom was clean. Alos a plus to be able to pay a little extra and have the dog stay in the room with us. Close to damns and other places of interest. Lovely town with a selction of pubs and eating establishments. Bar in Hotel was clean and staff are frendly.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear Robert W
I was pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and your visits to the beautiful Elan Valley and its 4 Edwardian Dams. It is indeed a wonderful secluded area for walking and cycling. I hope that you will find the time to visit us again in the near future. Regards Justin Baird-Murray, Owner.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

This hotel delivered exactly what it promised.

My room which was booked at the last minute and unfortunately overlooked a fire escape but it was well equipped, pleasantly furnished, clean and with an immaculate bathroom.

The restaurant delivered well cooked and beautifully presented food and an adequate selection. The staff were generally pleasant and attentive although etiquette is clearly a little different in Eastern Europe (plates were cleared before everyone at our table had finished eating).

The breakfast buffet was more than adequate. The reception desk was efficiently operated and the hotel management were in evidence including the owner who was very pleasant and personable. I would not hesitate to return and the surrounding countryside is really fabulous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking out and not in!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
TheMetropoleHotel, Owner at Metropole Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear Gerald, how kind of you to mention me in your feedback. My staff and I all read feedback and greatly appreciate compliments! I think training would have been the issue in the restaurant, not etiquette, and I shall have a quiet retrain with some of the staff there. My suspicion is that it was an oversight and not habit. I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel again soon. Regards Justin

Been to Metropole Hotel? Share your experiences!