“fab local organic food and the best cake in the wye valley!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegetarian, Family Fare, Healthy, Vegan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Newbridge on Wye
“fab local organic food and the best cake in the wye valley!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Don't miss out on popping into this local restaurant if you are on your bike or a walking tour this is a must as it is healthy happy friendly and has lots of great local info!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Powys
“Slow service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

How long do you have to wait for a toasted tea cake!! We had finished our drink before they arrived!
And don't expect an apology.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sally B, Owner at Herb Garden Cafe, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I sent a message to Mandy P about this review. I said that we would usually serve the tea cakes and the drinks at the same time. I asked all my staff but no-one recognised the event she describes. In this case a long time has elapsed between the reviewer's visit and the review being posted. This makes it hard to find out what the problem was.
I am very surprised by Mandy P's comment about apologies. We kind of specialise in apologies; if anything at all is not up to scratch we acknowledge it. So I asked Mandy P to say what happened. There has been no reply. What more can I do?
Llantwit Major, United Kingdom
“Very attractive stopping place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Driving down through Mid Wales we were fortunate to find the Herb Garden café, and will make it our designated stop. This time we just called in for tea/coffee, but I was tempted by the home made cakes and puddings, and had some flapjack, one of the best I've ever tasted, soft and buttery with a delicious flavour. There were lovely soft couches to sit on, with a nice range of local leaflet and free magazines to browse. It made me think that Llandindrod Wells and this part of the Borders would be a wonderful place to live, there seems to be so much going on in terms of exhibitions and concerts. Fortified by this brief visit, we left with happy smiles on our faces! I am looking forward to my next visit. Well done! And the staff are nice too.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Llandrindod Wells, United Kingdom
“Yummy home cooked food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Love the Herb Garden, always friendly service and delcious home cooked food!! Try the dish of the day, or a salad bowl!! Yum!! Would reccomend a visit!

Visited March 2013
Cardiff
“Delicious Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We stopped here for lunch as friends had recommended it. Great little cafe - excellent vegetarian options and there is always a daily meat option. I had a spicy bean burger, which came in a home made bun, with chutney, mayo and a side salad and was excellent. The daily specials also looked great (they are displayed on a hot plate). The lemon meringue pie was the best I've had in a long while, the lemon was sharp and tangy, topped with a soft pile of meringue. The staff were helpful, service was prompt and the place was clean, tidy and warm. What's not to like?

• Visited April 2013