“nice small restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Altrincham
“nice small restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

very pleasant ,well cooked food and attentive staff, fish a speciality and lovely vegetables , good ambience ,paintings and decor wich i had arestaurant like this in my home town it would be very popular

Visited October 2012

Kent
“What more can I say?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Really nothing else to add to the already excellent reviews already on here for this wonderful restaurant, just that we agree wholeheartedly with all the positive comments.

We enjoyed the food the first time so much that we booked again two days later and were impressed to see that the menu had changed even in that short time. The food and service couldn't be faulted and we look forward to visiting again on our next holiday to Barmouth.

Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Book Early!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is, as far as we could make out, the best place to eat in Barmouth. Run by a couple it only has 18 covers. There is a good varied menu with plenty of fish and other offerings to suit all tastes. The food is of good quality with good size portions too.
Two starters, two mains, a shared pudding and a couple of large glasses of wine came to just over £50 so pretty good value too.
As I said "Book Early" we had to book the night before to get a table, and on the Thursday we ate there, someone came in asking for a table and was told they were fully booked all weekend. For some reason the quality of eateries in this part of Wales does not seem to be atr the same level as the Lake or Peak Districts, so a gem like this is well worth booking ahead for.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Herefordshire
“The best in Barmouth”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a delicious dinner here. The service was good, the food was cooked nicely and it was reasonable value. It is a small restaurant, so you need to book.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Wow what a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Finally got in after the kitchen was closed for maintanence, it was worth the wait the staff were very polite and nothing was too much trouble even though I changed my mind a few times. We had starters and mains and reading reviews was expecting to need a pudding but I couldn't even manage to finish my main. I had the lamb shoulder and my husband had the pork belly both as good as each other the meat was so tender I only touched it with my fork and it fell apart. The bistro is highly recommend. :-)