I have never before had cause to write a poor review but there is always a first time and this is it.
Having arrived at the hotel our first impression was one of deceitful advertising. We felt that the photographs we saw of the hotel were quite missleading. The en-suite was very small and the whole place had a very dark and dank air about it. The evening meal was no better, we ordered the lamb chops and I could only describe these as portions of fat on a bone, we could not eat them and left. We were disgusted with the meal, very unhappy with the room and felt that the whole package was done on the cheap. Never again !
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty r Graig Castle
- Ty r Graig Castle Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.