This is a hotel in a beautiful location, Barmouth is not a particularly pleasing town and the weekend we were there there was quad biking on the beach and motorbikes which for us killed the town but fortunately we were on the top of the hill in this beautiful hotel with outstanding views and i love sunsets .
Our bedroom was booked late so we did not get a room with a view which i would have loved ,,hopefully next time!
the staff who waited on at breakfast and dinner were outstanding with just the right manner and were very attentive without being over bearing
the food was excellent and we were suprised that they are not in the top ten restaurants in Barmouth as we did try the most recommended restaurant .
Yes the bedroom could do with a face lift, but the bed was very comfortable . we would have no hesitation in recomending this hotel whose staff made my birthday weekend very special and of course the scenery in this county is some of the best in Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales