Ty'r Graig is a small hotel built as a private (large) house in 1892. It retains some interesting features of that time. We received a warm and friendly welcome, and had a pleasant room on the top floor rear, with an uninteresting view across the road and houses to steep hillsides beyond. (We booked at the last minute, so were fortunate to be able to book at all). Staff were always cheerful and friendly and efficient. Breakfast was excellent. The view from the conservatory restaurant across Cardigan Bay is magnificent. Hotel spotlessly clean. The top floor is 35 stairs up and no lift, so might not suit very elderly legs - but no problem, just ask for a room on lower floor. The town of Barmouth is walk of over ½ mile down the hill, and a matching climb up.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay very much.
- Also Known As:
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel
- Ty`r Graig Castle Hotel Barmouth
- Ty r Graig Castle
- Ty r Graig Castle Barmouth
- Ty'r Graig Castle Barmouth, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A landmark Victorian castle-hotel situated on the edge of Snowdonia National Park, overlooking Cardigan Bay. Approx. 1/2 mile out of Barmouth. An excellent base for anyone wishing to explore the surrounding areas. Recently described by a guest as 'an oasis of calm' it sits proudly between the mountains and the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Ty'r Graig Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.