“really enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 26 Barmouth B&B and Inns
Bolton
“really enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

stayed at the Tal Y Don Hotel, the room we had was lovely and to a high standard, breakfast was lovely couldnt fault this hotel at all.

• Liked — Location in the center, only 2 minutes from the sea front.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Walsall, West Midlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

I stayed at the Tal Y Don for 5 days at the end of June. My room was spacious, well furnished at kept beautifully clean during my stay. My room was at the top of the house and was very quiet. I booked on-line directly with the Tal Y Don and the process was very simple. Any queries I had prior to my stay were answered promptly by the owners. The booking-in process is at the bar, but I was not kept waiting and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The cost was £35 per night for the room and a huge Welsh breakfast. I also had several lunches and dinners in the bar. Portions were enormous, freshly cooked on the premises and the service was excellent even when the pub was busy. The pub has its regular clientele and they too were very friendly. There was always interesting conversation to be had if you wanted to join in.

One downside might be that, being a pub, it is locked for the night at around half past midnight. This could be a problem if you planned a late return after your day out. However, unless you are a real night owl, ths should not cause you any difficulty. The Tal Y Don is excellent value for money and right in the centre of Barmouth, a couple of hundred yards from the beach and a pleasant 5 minute stroll to the harbour. I was made to feel very welcome and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed June 2006
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2005

We stayed in the Tal-Y-Don Hotel in Barmouth in June 2005. We had two double en-suite rooms. Both rooms were very spacious and neat, and the bathrooms were large and sparkling clean. We enjoyed the large full English breakfasts in the morning. The hotel is very central and within easy walking distance of the beach and all shops. The hotel is situated above a busy pub, and you have to walk through the pub to access the hotel's rooms. This wasn't easy as the bar was full of people at the time. We requested rooms at the top of the hotel, and we did not hear any noise from the bar. As there is no reception at the hotel, we had to arrange our accomodation with the bar staff on our arrival, and they were unfriendly and unhelpful. That said, the staff who served breakfast the next morning was a lot more friendly and helpful. All things considered, our accommodation was worth the budget price of £25 per person per night.

Been to Tal Y Don Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Tal Y Don Hotel

Address: High Street, Barmouth LL42 1DL, Wales
Location: United Kingdom > Wales > North Wales > Gwynedd > Barmouth
Bar / Lounge Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 26 B&Bs / Inns in Barmouth
We have 5 individually-styled double en-suite bedrooms. The entire hotel is strictly non-smoking, apart from the bar. Please note that due to stair access to accommodation, bedrooms are not suitable for disabled people. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Tal Y Don Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Tal Y Don Hotel Barmouth, Wales

If you own or manage Tal Y Don Hotel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.