“Don't miss this!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Staffordshire
“Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We made a point of going to Ebeneezer's when we were in the area on 22.05.13, after reading other reviews. What a great place it is. Wonderfully helpful, friendly staff, serving delicious food. We had the veggie samosas and a portion of chips. Now, you're probably thinking that's a slightly odd combination but it worked and the quality was superb. Generous helping of mixed leaf salad garnish, tasty samosas with 2 dips and beautifully cooked chips. None of your dismal shreds of iceberg lettuce and a slide of unripe tomato here! And what unusual surroundings in which eat and drink. As well as enjoying great quality food and drink here, you can browse a fantastic range of fair trade goods at reasonable prices. I note that another reviewer commented that it was a little chilly. I would agree with that but, seriously, don't let that put you off. Just put your vest on and go there! If you don't, you'll be missing a real treat!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Birkenhead, England, United Kingdom
“Browse and brunch with the Barmouth Buddhas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Do you want to shop ,eat,drink,relax and not be in a mall or feel your filling some corporate big pockets !
THIS IS FOR YOU.
Great food,superb quirky staff and global fair trade treasure you can buy reasonably priced ,all the other customers that I spoke to from kids to grannies were in heaven my eleven year old son can't talk of any other shop after his acquisition of a diggerydoo ,his twin sister loves the animal hand knitted hats.Iam hankering after a huge garden statue and an Indian silk parasol , and Mr Hate shopping is happy in world music and natural soap , and they fed us outside so the dogs could stay with us . Brillo thank you we will be back very soon.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“A great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Firstly, I read all the reviews here after our visit yesterday. So I will qualify my review with the following comments. I am lucky in life that I get to travel extensively and frequently. I have eaten in back bars off the side streets in industrial towns in Indonnesia and fine restaurants in Europe. I have been delighted in some and disappointed in others. This place was a delight, an oasis of calm, in the bedlam of modern life. The staff were enthusiastic, polite and we felt quite welcome. The food choice was eclectic and very reasonable. It may not be Courdon Bleu, but having eaten in George's, Paris last week and here this week, I can put my hand on my heart and say I would choose here every time. Unpretentious food,charming setting and friendly staff. They get my vote. For that I can forgive the odd "ping" from a microwave......
One last thing. I was overcharged, but even then thought it reasonable so didn't notice. The guy in the kitchen came rushing out to tell me and refund the mistake. You could tell they were upset by the error. So add scrupulously honest to the list of compliments.

Visited April 2013
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Relaxed & Quirky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Went here for tea and coffee on a cold wet Barmouth day. Good choice of teas here and very reasonable to. The building is a real feast on your eyes with so much to look at. Its an old church so was a little cold but it didn't affect our enjoyment and would recommend it.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cheshire.
“Unusual and good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

As with other people we found this by accident while wondering around. Popped in for a coffee and look round. Brilliant use of an empty church. People so friendly we booked to come back that evening for a meal. Although we were the only people there ( it was a Sunday), we felt really at home. Had hotpot, husband had Moroccan lamb. Was very good, may have been heated in the microwave, but was still good. Very reasonable too.

• Visited April 2013