“Nice little guest house” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper Guest House

Sandpiper Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Barmouth
Sandpiper Guest House
You added Sandpiper Guest House to your Saves list
7 Marine Parade, Barmouth LL42 1NA, Wales   |
Ranked #21 of 26 Barmouth B&B and Inns
High Peak
“Nice little guest house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed for two nights in a single room. Angie and Roy met me upon my arrival and took my case up to the room. The room was nice and clean and bright overlooking the sandunes and sea. There was a small tv and the usual tea/coffee etc, but a nice touch for me at least was the fact that there was wholemilk provided instead of that skinny stuff. The bed was fine and clean. Breakfast you could start with cereal, juice or grapefrit segments, before having a full english breakfast. Top marks for the breakfast which was served freshly cooked and hot each morning. My only quibble was that the toast arrived before the breakfast. Also I had a train to catch home and would have really liked a slightly earlier breakfast as I do not like to rush. This was mentioned to Angie and Roy but they said they did not start doing breakfast until 8am, so it couldn't be done! My train was at 8.50am and there was a 10min walk to the station which left me to be served, eat and depart the quest house in 40 mins. I did it but just felt an extra 10 mins would have been better. This was the only thing that let it down I felt, but I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Lancashire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Don't expect anymore and you will not be dissappointed, this is your archetypal British seaside B&B. Plus points: Fridge in room. Spacious room. Decor Ok. Minus points : fire escape through room. three flights of stairs. furniture a little tired and dated. Bed uncomfortable. Beware of rules ie. NO TAKEAWAY FOOD ALLOWED!!
Breakfast; good standard fare, but only limited choice.
Not bad but not the best .

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I sent an email requesting details to stay between 25 and 27 July 2011 and then a friend and his wife did the same. I received an email from "Angela and Roy" informing me that they had no vacancies, yet my straight mate received one to advise them of vacancies for those dates. We are now notifying all our family and friends to avoid this guesthouse.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed at the Sandpiper for two nights and were given a good welcome by the owners, Angie and Roy. The room was clean and well-appointed and, importantly, everything worked. Tthe en-suite was very small but functional. We brought our dog with us and this was no problem to the owners.

The breakfast was very good and enough to start the day - there were cereals, fruit juice and grapefruit segments (a bit 1950s this) with a full breakfast if required and plenty of toast and coffee/tea.

This was the first time I had stayed in a B&B as we usually stay in hotels or go abroad but the hotels in Barmouth were full as we booked late. However, it was a very enjoyable stay and we would probably stay there again.

The beach was opposite the B&B, across a road and a promenade and the walk into the town of Barmouth took only a few minutes.

I would certainly recommend this guest house to anyone who wanted somewhere cosy, pleasant, quiet and near all amenities.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandpiper Guest House? Share your experiences!