“Birthdays in Barmouth” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 26 Barmouth B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Birthdays in Barmouth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

After looking on trip advisor and reading so many nice reviews choosing Wavecrest was an easy decision to make. Eric and Shelagh were amazing hosts making our birthdays extra special. We arrived to cake, wine and flowers in our room which was so lovely of them to arrange. Our room looked out to sea and was well equipped and clean. Breakfasts are varied and plentiful. My partner especially liked the fresh fruit and yoghurt. Thankyou so much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2013

105 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Leeds, Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We just stayed one night on our way home after a visit to mid-Wales. Wavecrest was clean, warm and friendly with a great breakfast. Eric and Shelagh were very friendly. Our room had a beautiful sea view. I'm not surprised that this bed and breakfast has such a good rating on Tripadvisor - it is really well-deserved and we hope to stay there again before too long.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view if this is available!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a 5 hour trip to Wales we were certainly hoping to have a nice B&B for the night... And we weren't disappointed! We were welcomed with home made hot cross buns by Eric, who not only showed us to our room but took the time to have a chat with us. The room we stayed in, although not a sea view, was lovely. Comfortable beds and a lounge just outside of our door if we wanted to see the views. Both Eric and Sheila were more than happy to help with anything. If (more like when) we return to Barmouth we would definitely be booking at the wavecrest again.

Room Tip: I'm sure sea view rooms have a better view but if stairs are your enemy ask for 1st floor!
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived in Barmouth not having booked any accommodation found Wavecrest on the sea front, walked straight in and was offered the choice of 2 rooms. Sadly the sea view rooms were all taken, understandable as wee hadn't booked! Both room offered were bright and warm with a Freeview TV and Tea/Coffee making facilities. We chose the double room (the other offered was a double room with an extra single bed for the same price). Breakfast included in the price, great selection of cereals followed by a Full English, tea, coffee and juice!

Nant, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stopped at the Wavecrest by chance during our little Welsh adventure. The warm greeting of the hosts, Eric and Shelagh, the beauty of our room overlooking the beach plus the fantastic breakfast was more than enough to make us stay another night! Simply ideal for a romantic week-end, the Wavecrest is a lovely affordable hotel, spacious, clean and perfectly run by two charming people in beautiful settings: beautiful sandy beaches in a lovely little town where you'll find everything you need for a perfect stay. The big plus: it was my birthday and Shelagh brought a fantastic all chocolate cake at the breakfast table! Now, that's something I'll always remember... We'll definitely go back there again! Shaun & Carole

Room Tip: The seaview front rooms (whether single or double)
Kettering, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

lovely room overlooking the sea, with big bay window and two comfy chairs in front. ideal after a day out to sit in with a cup of tea and look at view. bed very comfy. rooms clean. Hosts very friendly and welcoming. breakfast superb. only negative comment, two remote controls for tv, easiest way to confuse my simple mind, never did get it working, but then if I was that bothered I could have asked.

PS. Eric, sorry about traipsing wet sand in. Didnt think it was me until I saw it on the lovely red bedroom carpet. I did clean it up, though as couldnt bear to see you carrying the Dyson upstairs. regards Elaine

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at the Wavecrest 9 nights in September 2012. I made it my base for the coastal walk Pwllheli to Aberdyfi, using the Cambrian Coast railway as transport to and from Barmouth each day. It proved to be an excellent choice. My hosts, Eric and Shelagh, gave friendly and efficient service, my second floor single room overlooking the beach was clean and comfortable, complete with flat screen TV, and my vegetarian breakfast was all I could desire, with friendly guests every morning. Oh, and the weather was superb! I'd recommend Wavecrest to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Wavecrest Guest House? Share your experiences!