“spa” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cardigan
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“spa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I attended only the Spa, taking the massage, exfoliation and sea mineral wrap treatment at £80. It was excellent and so relaxing, I loved it! Pity it is so far away, as I would certainly do it again! On the down side the changing room was tiny, only two showers, hardly any room to dry yourself and dress, but strangely, a lot of lockers! The worst was a total absence of hang pegs for towels and clothes, so everything tended to end up on the floor! Not good! Pool, jaccusi, steam room and sauna were excellent and heated loungers wonderful but only 4 of them, no extra seating! Needs an update and expansion! Hell to get to as well!

Room Tip: Make sure you have a sea view if possible!
Stayed February 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Last minute break at this lovely hotel situated in stunning location. Wonderful friendly helpfull staff, excellent food, lovely relaxing spa. But!! Currently due to refurbishment nowhere to sit outside to enjoy view, no lounge area to sit . Very disorganised slow service in dining room for dinner but quality of food when it eventually arrived excellent.
Stay at sister hotel until refurb finished, better rooms, lovely outside terrace to enjoy views.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms but poor wifi in main hotel
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This is the second time we have stayed here in the last 12 months.This was a 6 day break. The location is excellent with spectacular views over Cardigan Bay. The staff are local, enthusiastic and very helpful. They are a great asset to the hotel. Since our last visit the restaurant and bar has been totally refurbished and is a great place to eat and drink. The choice of food and the food itself is very good. Imaginative dishes as well as dependable favorites. We enjoyed the Spa on both visits.Once the refurbishment is finished we are sure to be giving it a 100% rating.

Room Tip: Stunning views, worth requesting sea view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My self and my partner were in room 134 out side was a fire door and all you could hear all night long was the banging of the door with people walking about we were meant to be there for two nights but we left after the first night we arrived at 15.30 on the 24th of April 2015 and left at 10.30am on the 25th of April 2015 my daughter was in room 36 and instead of having a sea view as requested she had a view of the car park

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed in this hotel for one night for work. I've given it only four stars as it took me some time to find my room. In fact, I had to ring reception to ask them to find me and take me to it... my own fault for blithely refusing a porter in the first place!

The room (205) was lovely and quiet in spite of the hotel being very full for a conference. I ordered room service as I was working and it was delicious - fish and chips with a pea puree - also cheese and biscuits with a free glass of wine.

The sea views were outstanding and I had them again the next morning at breakfast. It's a buffet service with tea and coffee being served to the table. Perfectly nice and surprisingly peaceful.

Very friendly and helpful hotel staff, I would definitely book here again - and make the time to take some sea walks!

Room Tip: I had room 205 - if the wifi and tv aren't working - check the plug before calling down to recep...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
cardiff
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Fabulous views from room 118. Newly renovated, very contemporary. Dinner and breakfast very good. Wonderful views from restaurant and our room which was directly above. Staff very good. Really enjoyed a relaxing stay.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Decided impulsively to go for a 3 night stay at this hotel as just needed to go and chill at a hotel where I could see the sea from my window, use the spa facilities and did something I never usually do, but booked myself in for dinner for the full 3 nights. I was not disappointed with the breaksfasts or the dinners: the dinners in particuar, were amazing! The waiting staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you.... great service - thank you! I particularly loved the gorgeous bread with sundried butter or mustard butter that was given out free at the start of the meal. The first night I had lamb, the second night I had duck with beetroot cousous and my last night night I had a pasta dish... all of the meals were to die for and the presentation of the food is wonderful.

The spa facilities were amazing....one of the best little spas I have been to. The jazuzzi was one of the best ones I have had the pleasure of using, the pool, though not large, has a kind of wave machine in it. The whole place had subdued lighting with colour changing lights and twinkly ceiling lights. Can't wait to go back there!

Finally, I was given the wrong room on my first night (I had booked a sea view as this was important for the "chill out" trip I had planned). I was disappointed that when I went to my room it wasn't sea view. Reception staff were very apologetic and offered me a premium room for the following 2 nights. So, although it was an error, they dealt with it very well. I ended up having a very nice room with a kingsize bed, bathroom with bath/shower and a seaview with two tub chairs to sit and look out at the sea. Both rooms were spotless.

There is a lovely walk on the edge of the golf course that takes you a short way around the bay. Do this walk: you can walk down to a very secluded little cove. When I did this walk before dinner one night, I managed to capture some beautiful sunset pictures on my walk.

I would definitely recommend that you visit this place. To my mind, people tend to go to South and North Pembs and miss out on this beautiful corner of our country. Visit! It is currently being refurbished and I think there will be a patio area with sitting area for drinks/food very shortly... I look forward to going back and sitting out there looking out at the sea.

Room Tip: Amazing hotel in beautiful part of the world - great sea view rooms/fab spa and lovely staff... you...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Cliff Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!