“Fabulous situation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 3 hotels in Cardigan
Swansea
“Fabulous situation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We had a fantastic time in West Wales and the hotel is situated on the cliff, as its name implies. The view from our side room was of Cardigan Island. It was magically shrouded in sea mist in the morning and arose out of it, a few hours later.
The coastal path is directly infront of the hotel but comes to an abrupt halt a few hundred metres away as a neighbouring farm has refused permission for walkers so one has to make a detour to reconnect.
Two small beaches can be accessed from the footpath but both are steep and not navigable if one is frail or you have young children.Great for seclusion, though.
Nearby is Cardigan. We had a great time walking around the town and it still has most shops, open.Plenty of coffee shops and there was music on the Friday and the saturday nights we were there, in a local pub. Bit too far to walk to from the Cliff Hotel, unfortunately.
Evening meal was included in a deal we had and they were fine. Husband was pleased as there was a Cornish beer on sale and coffee, from a machine, was available after the meal.Fab view from the restaurant of the bay and Poppit sands....good as being abroad as the weather was very sunny.
Spa was excellent with heated seats. I hadn`t realised this until the second visit. they were very good!
We shall be revisiting as we thought the situation, magificent.The building is rather tired but we don`t mind that as we don`t intend staying in the room when there`s so much else to see. Day trips to New Quay,Llangranog etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view..front to see the bay, side to see Cardigan Island.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

40 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Flint, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Have stayed at this Hotel over many years and always received excellent service. All of the staff give 100% and they are always courteous and helpful. The food is very appetising and the Hotel also caters for anyone who has a diet restriction. ( however do inform them when you book your stay as this does help the restaurant and chef- and they have never let me down ever).

The Hotel is now under new ownership and major renovations are well under way which has only enhanced the already wonderful hotel and the parts that have already been finished are of a very high standard.

The rooms have lovely views across Cardigan Bay and have all the amenities that is required.

The Hotel has a great spa which offers all kinds of pampering,

If you are planning a stay in Cardigan I can highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just back from a brilliant stay here! 2 early twenty year old girls, relaxing stay! Amazon local deal for 3 nights, 1 meal and breakfast every morning. Didn't have high expectations as the pictures online weren't great, but don't judge a book by its cover! Renovations are well under way, and the spaces that have already been done are completed to a very high standard. Upgraded to a sea view room at no extra cost, a brilliant room, massive bed, tv, hairdryer, tea coffee facilities, sit down dressing table, plenty of storage for clothes. Visited the spa for a day as this is inclusive if you are a guest at the hotel, it was brilliant! Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, pool and ceramic hot beds, couldn't have asked for more. Both my friend and I had pedicures and received 15% off the treatment price because we were guests. Food on our first night was fantastic, not treated any differently because we were on a deal, huge portions of good quality food. Waitresses were friendly but didn't know what the kitchen had and didn't have, tried to order the scallops and crab but they had neither, would have benefitted from this if we were told before being given the menu. Breakfast was superb, huge range to choose from, toast, full english buffet, fruit, yoghurts, croissant, teas, coffees, fruit juice. You couldn't ask for a better location either, right on the sea front, watch the sunset from the balcony or whilst in the bar/having dinner. Free wifi all over the hotel, bonus! Will be returning.

Room Tip: Room 119, sea view room, massive bed, does get warm when the sun is on it but open the window!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Took an Amazon Local deal to this hotel. Really impressed by my stay here - pleasant, helpful staff, appetising well prepared food, excellent serve yourself full english breakfast, comfortable modernised room with a beautiful sea view over the bay. Only very small negatives; bathroom was a bit dark to shave in and no complemetary shampoo. Genarally everything I could have wanted - a really relaxing break

Room Tip: If you need WiFi access, ask for a room within range; my room was not
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Really nice, friendly staff, clean rooms and major referb is being done so can imagine will be loads nicer on next stay. nice pool and jacuzzi.
Evening meal was nice.. and so was breakfast.

only thing it does lack is phone signal also 3g or wifi, which isnt always a bad thing just incase people want to phone anyone whilst staying it didnt work on 3 or 02.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Eckington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked the Cliff Hotel through Booking.com. But had the Ceredigion brochure anyway, so we were prepared for great views and were not disappointed. Upon arrival were allocated a room where the toilet didn't work, but were immediately moved to the room next door which was better. This was easy and the reception staff were great. At the Cliff Hotel guests can use the spa facilities for free. They are really good with a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam sauna. There are gym facilities but we didn't use those. Plus there are various treatments which we didn't use either. The lighting in the spa is really spectacular and restful at the same time. One comment on the spa though is that the changing rooms are rather small and they get wet. Plus using outdoor shoes in that area means slight problems.
The beds in the rooms are really comfortable and my wife had no complaints at all. There was a wedding this weekend but it had no impact on our enjoyment of the hotel. I have to say the views are spectacular and probably cannot be bettered. Drinks on the terrace are lovely in the evening. We were there for the longest day, so shortest night, so some better curtains with a decent lining would be good. But there are new owners, who are trying very hard and I certainly would go here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I left my phone charger behind.It was within 6 hours of leaving the hotel that I realised this and phoned the hotel.They said they would check with the housekeeper in the morning.(why they could not go up to the room straight away is beyond me?All of a minute walk and I told them exactly where it was.)I had to phone them again,they said that it was not there.I then kicked up a fuss.Later I get a phone call saying they had found it and would I pay the P&P of £3 which was not a problem.A week later I receive a charger that was not mine.I then get onto them again.After a few choice words and phone calls I get a call stating they had found my charger and would forward it to me immediately.Another week later I still had not received it.I phoned again and spoke to to a manager called Luke who said he would send it first class.When it arrived nearly 3 weeks later this was also the wrong one and I had warning on my phone stating it was not compatible and could damage my phone.I phoned again and the duty manager Luke was not available and would get back to me.In the mean time I had received a card from the post office stating they had a parcel for me which I would have to pay £3.27 for.I went to the post office and would you believe it ,it was my phone charger.I still have heard nothing from the Hotel,3 weeks later.
If I did not have these problems with the incompetence of the hotel staff our stay was enjoyable and my star would of been 4 stars.

Room Tip: West side lovely sea views.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Cliff Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!