A friendly and unpretentious guest house, conveniently located 15 minutes walk from Leverburgh ferry port and pier. Rooms are warm, comfy and well-furnished, and breakfasts excellent, from a wide menu. There is plenty of parking available.
I would recommend it and stay again next time I am in the area
As regards the Leverburgh area, two words of caution for new visitors:
- the only food shop closes at 6pm - and the only cashpoint is available when the post office is open
- the Anchorage restaurant is the only one within a short walk (the Rodel hotel is three miles away) and you should book ahead if you want to be sure of getting a table
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grimisdale is a friendly 4 star guest house sitting on its own peninsula surrounded by a salmon and trout loch. We aim to make your stay as comfortable as possible and your visit to Harris both enjoyable and memorable. We offer comfortable en-suite rooms with all the little extras that make all the difference to your stay. Grimisdale is ideally situated for fishing, golfing, hiking, cycling or just plain relaxing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Grimisdale Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grimisdale Guest House Isle Of Harris, Scotland