The hotel is very tired looking from threadbare hallway carpets to walls in the bedroom in dire need of a repaint.
Don't get me wrong the room was clean and the bed comfy but the cheap white kitchen looking worktop set as a table/dresser and thin curtains without a lining were a put off (doesn't get very dark in this part of the world in the summer). The bathroom was clean but again in desperate need of modernising, we had to laugh as my boyfriend needed to cup his hands to get some decent flow of water over him from the dribble from the shower! No hairdryer which is unusual, so ladies be warned!!
The tv even in this day and age only had 5 channels, glad we spent the majority of time out of the hotel.
On saying that the breakfast was standard fare from a hot buffet and the staff were pleasant.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Hotel Ullapool
- Caledonian Hotel Ullapool, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The oldest hotel in Ullapool, a stunning village on the west coast of Scotland, the Caledonian overlooks the harbour and colourful fishing boats nestled on Loch Broom. As a location, Ullapool is ideal for exploring the West Highlands including Loch Maree, Lochnivar, Gairloch and the Corrieshalloch Gorge. The Caledonian combines the character of a traditional West Highland hotel with contemporary facilities and high standards anticipated by today's traveller. The property has 83 en suite bedrooms to choose from, the majority offering guests splendid views of the harbour enclosed by the magnificent Assynt and Sutherland mountains for which the area is famous. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.