the calladoning hotel ullopool my four sisters and my mum at 83 visited the hotel from 29th till 31 march for a 2 day break we had booked two rooms which had one double bed and two single beds in each room .when we arrived we were giveing the keys to room 41 which was on the second floor there was no lift and my mum found it very hard to climb the stairs. when we reached our room my mum could hardley get a breath she had to lie down, so i phoned down reception and told them and i was told they had other bus loads still to come in i was told they only had one double room left with one double bed which was no use to us because there were 3 of us.just by luck my 3 other sisters were on the first floor and reception asked me to phone there room for them to change with us which they did, there was one flight of stairs for my mum to climb which was not to bad but bad enough because once she came down the stairs she would not go back to our room till bed time,the rooms were nice and clean an warm the food was ok for entertainment it was a joke friday they had entertainment satuarday night nothing at all we were told when we were booking caladeoning tours that there was entertainment the two nights.i will never be booking with calladeoning tours again. the bus was a disgrace as well no toilet paper in toilet or water to wash your hands, it was a nice hotel the only down fall is there was no lift when we booked we asked for a low floor for my mum and did not get it.will not be back,
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Hotel Ullapool
- Caledonian Hotel Ullapool, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The oldest hotel in Ullapool, a stunning village on the west coast of Scotland, the Caledonian overlooks the harbour and colourful fishing boats nestled on Loch Broom. As a location, Ullapool is ideal for exploring the West Highlands including Loch Maree, Lochnivar, Gairloch and the Corrieshalloch Gorge. The Caledonian combines the character of a traditional West Highland hotel with contemporary facilities and high standards anticipated by today's traveller. The property has 83 en suite bedrooms to choose from, the majority offering guests splendid views of the harbour enclosed by the magnificent Assynt and Sutherland mountains for which the area is famous. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Otel and Venere so you can book your Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.