It's like going to a rather posh friend's house - for lunch in our case on Saturday. Warm, comfortable, friendly, outstanding food served in beautiful surroundings - and the rain cleared afterwards to allow a walk through the stunning gardens.
They even deduced we were celebrating my daughter's birthday and an appropriately decorated plate of petit fours appeared at the end of lunch with the coffees.
A minor slip up in the kitchen led to one of the party asking, not complaining in the slightest, about an item on his plate. The chef came out in person to explain and apologise. Afterwards we discovered a charge had been taken off the bill.....such was our enjoyment we insisted it went back on - that is the measure of a satisfied customer.
This was our third or fourth visit in recent months - each time the same high standards were on display. A great place showing off the best of this lovely part of Scotland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Splendia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greywalls Hotel And Chez Roux
- Greywalls Hotel Muirfield
- Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux Gullane, Scotland