Our 3rd visit within a year. Food is exceptional, every dish a talking point as well as tasty. Especially good were the salmon starter ( marinaded in beetroot) and the lamb (hard to describe but not your usual chunk of meat, a light and delicate creation). Best of the brilliant puds was the cherry concoction. Service is relaxed but efficient, youthful but expert. The place is elegant without overbearing; designed by Lutyens, it has the feel of a small stately home, though in fact purpose built as a hotel. To digest, enjoy coffee in the courtyard and stroll through the semi- formal gardens. Price, if one sticks to the menu fixe and a modest wine, is reasonable, though 15% service is added. Is this the best restaurant ever? Could well be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Greywalls Hotel is uniquely situated on the edge of Muirfield championship golf course with stunning views over East Lothian and the Firth of Forth. Overlooking the world famous greens of the 9th & 18th holes, it has earned itself a reputation as ‘a golfers’ paradise’! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greywalls Hotel And Chez Roux
- Greywalls Hotel Muirfield
- Greywalls Hotel & Chez Roux Gullane, Scotland