“Very good - but awkward "service charge" discussion” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Margate City, New Jersey
“Very good - but awkward "service charge" discussion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The food was quite good and well presented.

They could offer more wines "by the glass" - very limited selection.

When the server brought the bill, he asked if we wanted to add "service" to the credit card
transaction? The bill clearly showed they already added 15% for service. The server then said
that management keeps 5% of that 15% so the servers only get 10%. I left additional cash gratuity, but felt uncomfortable with and slightly intimidated by the whole experience.

Just thought you should know.......

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

86% Recommend
Plainfield, NJ
“C'est Magnifique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The reviews we read confirmed our choice to make a reservation and the food did not disappoint. I had the escargots and the duck and my husband had the goat cheese salad and a filet & scallops combo. Lovely dry red wine, yummy garlic bread and my only caution is if you like a soft, warm profiterole, order something else for dessert as these come almost crispy. The ice cream and chocolate / caramel sauce was delicious though. Sit outside - there's no reason to sit inside and you also get the bonus of Cherie's Cafe band. :-)

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miramar, Florida
“Dinner Meeting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Excellent food, freshest fish i ever had in years! Great service, Good location.
When i when to pay my bill, i use Company AMerican Express for all business, they tell me we dont accept AMEX. I told is my only card i use for business, sorry we dont accept. There was no sign there telling me that. My associate had to use his Visa and it was decline, as it was large amount and they told us it was the bank, but when we called the bank, they say it was the merchants system that was not recognized properly.
But besides that it a great restaurant

Visited October 2012
Amsterdam
“The best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

we have been here just 2 timrs during our 2weeks in philipsburg but it is absolutely worth going there. We only had the sushi and the rose and white wine. The sushi is excellent here. The atmosphere is extremely nice and also all the employees. Next time we will take someyhing differently and for sure we have to say that we have to return here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Magnolia Delaware
“A great meal but be warned”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The friends that dined with us paid cash for dinner and the tip. Their change was ten dollars short and when the waiter finally was located he whisked the bill back and returned with the proper change. It was absolutely obvious that he was scamming them, no chance it was an honest mistake.

Having said that the ladies had excellent mahi mahi served with sautéed onions that they could not stop raving about. I had crispy shrimp tempura rolls topped with spicy tuna, they were excellent and well presented. My friend had a huge filet that was well seasoned and very much enjoyed.

Go early unless noise does not bother you. Around 8 pm the show starts at Cheri’s next door and it can get raucous. They have indoor and outdoor seating on a quiet side street. I would have given this restaurant five stars except for the short changing.

• Visited October 2012