I just came back from St.Maarten yesterday and had stayed for a week May 4th- 11th
Maho wasn't my original resort we had stayed at the Sonesta GREAT BAY which was amazing.
Anyway a part of staying at the great bay is that you get to visit the sister resort which was MAHO we had decided to spend a full day at Maho because we heard the night life there was better for a younger crowd which me and the friend that I went with would be more ideal for us seeing how we are in our early 20s.
whether there is more night life at Maho that is not all you are looking for when you go to a vacation. The main thing we realized as soon as we walked in is that the staff was very unfriendly and not kind at all, it wouldn't hurt to smile a little now and then and even when talking to some of the workers they looked annoyed and gave attitude. There was a point where we got tired of asking people who worked there and decided to ask visitors that were staying at the hotel where to find the beach towels.
The beach is a lot more smaller and way more crowded than the beach at Great Bay, although it was pretty cool to watch the planes come in and land and leave that would be the only good thing I have to say about the beach. Whenever a big enough plane would come in or land the wind got heavy which caused the sand to fly up everywhere and it was quite uncomfortable when trying to lye on the beach because the sand would get all in your face.
It is also very loud, being so close to the airport hearing planes coming in and out 24/7 just got annoying
The food was alright not as good as Great Bay as well, it was very average and once again the waiters were very rude.
The good things we heard about the night life couldn't want to make us stay for the rest of our vacation because the cons outweighed the goods.
Overall if you are going in a group and are looking for a younger crowd with more children and teens who just want to party and not care about anything else that the country has to offer than this is the resort for you, but if you are looking for a nice relaxing time with your loved ones and somewhere a bit more quieter I would suggest the Sonesta Great Bay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Maarten's only all-inclusive resort for families, singles and couples, the 520-room beachfront Sonesta Maho is located on 10 acres with expansive tropical gardens, stunning ocean vistas, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, the island's largest Casino, Kids Club, 2 swimming pools, day and night entertainment and much more. Duty-free shopping and nightlife is all within walking distance in the Maho Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Booking.com so you can book your Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Maho Beach Hotel
- St Martin Sonesta
- Sonesta St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St Maarten Sonesta
- Maho Beach Hotel
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Sonesta