We had a really nice stay at the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino.
The food was beyond our expectation. The food was incredible. There are so many choices in the buffet. Also, the pizza is really good and the desserts, very good choice of desserts. It's the first time, I gained a few pounds in vacations.
Room: We were not in a renovated room so, yes, our room was a bit outdated but it was really clean.
The hotel is a bit far from Philisburg but you can easily go by bus.
Also, you can ask day pass to go to the Sonesta Great Bay which is very close to Philisburgh.
You have to take the bus (2$) and go to Marigot especially on Market Day.
Internet: It is very expensive. I would recommand going to Marigot at the Public Library. You could go on internet for a very low fee.
I would definitely go back.
very good quality for the price
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- St. Maarten's only all-inclusive resort for families, singles and couples, the 520-room beachfront Sonesta Maho is located on 10 acres with expansive tropical gardens, stunning ocean vistas, 5 restaurants, 5 bars, the island's largest Casino, Kids Club, 2 swimming pools, day and night entertainment and much more. Duty-free shopping and nightlife is all within walking distance in the Maho Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Sabre Hospitality Solutions, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Otel and Booking.com so you can book your Sonesta Maho Beach Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Maho Beach Hotel
- St Martin Sonesta
- Sonesta St. Maarten/St. Martin
- St Maarten Sonesta
- Maho Beach Hotel
- St. Maarten/St. Martin Sonesta