“Comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Newton Stewart
Carlisle, England
“Comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed here overnight while attending the book festival in Wigtown, about 10 minutes away. My single room was actually a small double, and while it could have done with a lick of paint, it was clean and comfortable, with a lovely view across the garden. I didn't have an evening meal here, but the restaurant is obviously very popular with the locals, which is always a good sign! Lots of parking but still not easy to find a space in the evening. Lovely and quiet at night. Breakfast was great and the service was very good. All the staff I encountered were pleasant and helpful. A great place to stay as a solo traveller, I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bucks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

We had eaten lunch here several years ago and checked if we could bring our German Shepard Dog into the bar. This was possible and we (and the dog) enjoyed the food, the excellent service and the general pleasant atmosphere. Not surprised its no one in Newton Stewart, but did not check any others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is an ideally placed hotel for exploring Dumfries and Galloway, with access to the A75 less than 5 minutes away but set within it's own quiet, landscaped grounds. There is plenty of parking, without the usual struggle to find a space. The staff are all, without exception, welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Hubby was even offered a chance to watch the rugby with the owners! The restauraunt is worthy of four stars - dishes with a scot's twist, and breakfast kept us going all day! In fact, people come from all over the area to eat here - always a good sign. The bar guests different real ales and has a good selection of malt whisky. Rooms are comfy although the age of the building makes for an interesting tilt to the floors!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dundee Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have recently returned from a 3 day visit to The Creebridge, where I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
Other reviewers have noted the kind welcome and courtesy shown by the staff, and I echo this wholeheartedly. Each staff member was very helpful both in terms of advice and information.
The chef is really really good!! The Dinner/B and B arrangement is excellent, - although my appetite is not large enough to do justice to the hearty menu!
Speaking with the owners of the hotel, I understand that the bedrooms are under a programme of re decoration, this will certainly will enhance the hotel, but I was very satisfied with my own room.
I enjoyed the welcoming fires, the excellent meals, the comfortable room, the peace and quiet and feeling relaxed.
As a solo traveler it is often difficult to find somewhere that will not put you above the air conditioning or in the smallest room available. Indeed this was far from the case in this hotel; my room was a small double with a delightful outlook over the garden. I greatly appreciate the courtesy and I look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I have spent several holidays here and enjoyed them all. The staff are very helpful, the largely local food is very good, rooms, I had a single, are relatively spacious, comfortable and clean and great guest lounges and reception areas. The 3 day offer we used for DB&B was very good value. I hope to be returning again next month.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We recently stopped at the Creebridge House Hotel and had a fantastic stay. They managed to squeeze my daughter in at the last minute by moving people around. Nothing was too much for the staff who were all very helpful. I booked this hotel after reading all the previous comments and I can say that they are all correct. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Newtownards, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We returned to this hotel after a two year gap (we stayed there in July 2009) and we wondered if the hotel would still be as good as we remembered.

The answer is a resounding YES.

The hotel was everything we remembered and more - the room had been refurbished, the menu changed by the new, young head chef, and the food was fantastic.

What had not changed was the level of service provided by all staff - this has remained at a very high level that we have no hesitation is calling excellent - a warm welcome provided by all, the barman - Kenny - providing excellent guidance on wines, restaurant staff (at breakfast and dinner) providing first class, smooth service.

All in all an excellent hotel for a relaxing holiday !

Room Tip: We have used the 'superior double' (room 5) on both trips and it is large, comfortable and q...