“Wonderful B & B we were thoroughly cossetted throughout our stay.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Hermitage B&B

The Hermitage B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelso
The Hermitage B&B
You added The Hermitage B&B to your Saves list
Hermitage Lane, Kelso TD5 7AN, Scotland   |
Ranked #17 of 19 Kelso B&B and Inns
Ivybridge
“Wonderful B & B we were thoroughly cossetted throughout our stay.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Beautiful house, wonderfully decorated and furnished. Bedroom was extremely well equipped and had a heavenly bed, attention to detail was most unusual for a B & B. Our breakfasts were fresh, plentiful and delicious, especially the toast made from homemade bread. David, the proprietor, was friendly, welcoming and unobtrusive and looked after us as if we were friends not merely paying guests. Stunning setting, with lovely gardens, and very close to the excellent restaurants and country walks of Kelso.

perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay at The Hermitage. It was extremely comfortable and felt very relaxed and I would recommend it to my colleagues friends and family.We got a lovely welcome by David and the tea and cake in the drawing room on arrival was a lovely touch.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed here for two nights while we were in town for a friend's wedding and were delighted with the place. David was a friendly host, the house was beautifully decorated and the breakfast was great. Couldn't fault it - highly recommended.

blyth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

once again stayed at the hermitage for the weekend. It is so lovely there, every attention to detail is painstakenly made. Excellent breakfast by mine host david. Highly recommended if you want to spoil yourself in a friendly homely environment.

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2009

My partner and I were staying in Kelso for a wedding and decided to spend a little extra on accomodation. You can find cheaper rooms in other B+Bs in Kelso but we believe the extra pounds spent made a noticeable difference. The room (and the other rooms we saw) had everything you'd expect - just that little more personal, nicer etc. Things like complimentary decanter of whisky, a regional weather report with your breakfast (along with a newspaper if you wanted one) gave this guest house the edge. It was secluded without being isolated, and the proprietors were as nice as you could want. I would especially recommend this guest house for couples of all ages.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

The Hermitage is a traditionally decorated B&B with lovely rooms which I'm sure would keep most visitors happy. Unfortunately my stay was marred by the owner of this establishment. Firstly, immediately calling a guest by their first name is rather intrusive, let alone calling me by an abbreviated version of my name which I did not invite him to do. Secondly, showing someone their room and then telling them all about how much the individual items of furniture cost to buy is somewhat odd in my book.
I would have been willing to overlook these peculiarities if it hadn't been for my experience at the breakfast table in the morning. It was 9am and I was enjoying a social breakfast with some other guests, when the owner says to me, and I quote, "don't hang around after your breakfast as I have someone arriving at 9.30 and I need to change your room". I was so shocked that I didn't know how to respond. I was given no forewarning that I had to clear my room early and to be told to do so in such a rude manner in front of other guests (some of whom were also checking out the same day but weren't given the same abrupt instructions as I was) was extremely shocking. Breakfast was served until 10.30 so what would he have done if I had wanted a longer lie? I hurriedly had to go to my room chuck everything in my bag and leave The Hermitage without even cleaning my teeth.
I thought the advantage of B&B's over hotels was the personal service you received, well if this is personal service then I'd rather pay to stay in an impersonal hotel.
I would thoroughly recommend a course in customer service and etiquette for the proprietor.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

What more can I say, a wonderful welcome and beautifully clean & well appointed bedrooms and sitting room for guests use.

Breakfast is all local produce and well presented in the Dining room, we will definately
be staying again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Hermitage B&B? Share your experiences!