“Lovely welcoming owner and staff and great value coffee and rolls!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ivy Room

The Ivy Room
Dragon's Tooth Golf Course, Ballachulish PH49 4JX, Scotland
+(44)01855811695
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 10 Restaurants in Ballachulish
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Bar, Bistro, Tea Room
Description: Delightful cafe and bar situated within a beautiful golf course in the heart of the highlands of Scotland. Serving freshly prepared home baking and home cooking. The Ivy Room also offers a fantastic opertunity for private dining, private functions and events - please contact us with any enquires.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Lovely welcoming owner and staff and great value coffee and rolls!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner stopped in for a late breakfast and a coffee on our way further up north on holiday in March 2013. We had passed several slightly touristy and slightly grotty cafes and were giving up hope of finding anywhere nice to stop when we spotted a sign for this place in an attractive looking golf course. It was cold so we took a cosy seat by the fire but was a lovely clear day and the view out over the loch and surrounding grounds was lovely. The inside is newly refurbished and has a nice fresh feel. The owner was a young girl who was lovely and welcoming and we enjoyed a lovely (and great value!) cafetiere coffee and yummy bacon and square sausage roll. Thank you and we hope to stop by again next time we're on our way up!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great Location and Great Atmosphere....Cold Soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

I visited this cafe on my travels and decided to stop for some lunch on my way to Fort William. The cafe is small and cosy. I fancied the sound of the quiche but was told it was not mafe yet (even though it was after 1pm) I decided on the soup but unfortunately it arrived and was cold but the coffee was lovely. More attention to detail regarding the food is needed. Cosy cafe, nice location.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Tain, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Lovely snack stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Great wee snack stop, lovely place to stop on my trip from Glasgow to Inverness via Fort William. Good range of tasty food, scrummy home baking, super coffee all very good value served by friendly staff. Pity I don't live closer - it would definitely be one of my regular coffee destinations if I did, but I will certainly be stopping off here again on future trips this way.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Lovely Location, Lovely Cafe, Something missing....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

When driving from Oban to Inverness, a couple of weeks ago, I saw a sign saying cafe open so my husband and I thought we would stop in for some lunch. The Ivy Room is located in the middle of a lovely golf course and has beautiful scenery. The cafe itself is warm and welcoming and the staff member who was working was lovely. The young girl (a waitress I presume) happily chatted away to us and gave us directions to a hotel we were stayng at. She was very chatty and welcoming. We ordered 2 coffee's, my partner had the fishcakes and I had a panini. The food took a while to come out despite us being the only customers present. The food was ok, not great. For the prices on the menu I would have expected better. However the location, views and welcoming waitress were all positives.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great lunch, Good value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

As a local to the area I am delighted to recommend the Ivy Room where we visited with friends for lunch, in fab surroundings. We had exellent service and good value for money not to mention the yummy food, we will be back.

• Visited June 2013