“Breath taking views from every angle” 4 of 5 stars

Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Fort William, Ballachulish PH49 4HL, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballachulish
Dunstable, United Kingdom
“Breath taking views from every angle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel has not disappointed us on our first visit to the isle of glencoe hotel.
First and foremost it is clean and comfortable throughout the hotel and in the rooms, good facilities and a comfy bed. Rooms could do with minor updating, The staff are all very friendly. The breakfast is good and the dinner is lovely food but maybe a little over priced for the size of the portions.

Now to your location one word answers that...BREATHTAKING
literally every window has a view you would never get bored of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the Hotel to be clean and comfortable. We are steadily working our way through the rooms to refresh and update them and we will continue with this whenever we have the opportunity to put a room off for a few days.
I will advise the F&B team in relation to your comments regarding the food offering, but I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your meals.
I admit that we are very lucky with the location of the Hotel and you never do get bored of the views as they change all the time depending on the weather.

Tracy Mackintosh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a lovely few days at this beautifully located hotel on the banks of Loch Leven. Had a spacious ground floor room with doors opening on to the lochside view. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool was relaxing after a long day sightseeing. The evening dinners were included in the price we paid and were adequate. Would have felt a bit cheated if we had had to pay £23 each per night for what we got as the portions could have been much better. Would have probably opted for a bar meal in the local pub a short walk away in the village. The walks and views round the loch are amazing and there is lots to see and do for days out and about. The weather was very sunny when we were there so it made this stay a memorable one and will return.

• Stayed April 2013
Many thanks for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would return.
I have passed on your comments to my F&B team regarding your meals, though in general we do receive very positive feedback on what we offer and our prices have not increased for a number of years now.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Isles of Glencoe hotel and leisure centre.
Is this the best hotel in the world - NO.
Is this hotel worth a visit YES.
We booked this hotel through a Groupon offer. And very glad we did. The hotel
The staff cannot do enough to make your stay vey comfortable and help you enjoy your stay to the max.
The room I stayed in 2:4 was a large double room, with loch view from 2 large long windows. The room was clean and functional. I requested an extra pillow as the 2 i had we're a little low for me. This arrived in minutes to the room.
The food was very nice on both evening meals and the buffet breakfast was brilliant. All the food was to our liking.
The pool got a little busy on an afternoon with families with young children. Although after 8pm until 10pm the pool is for adults only.
Even though the hotel was full, with quite a few families with younger children, there was no noise within the hotel during the night.
The hotel is situated just down the road from Glen Coe to the South and fort William to the north.
The small town of ballachulish has the essentials for your stay in the area. A small co-op, local pub with friendly locals even a DIY shop that sells all sorts. The guy even rents out fishing rods and tackle. He sells all the tackle as well
We drove to Ben Nevis gondola ride from the hotel in less than 15 mins. If required there is a bus service approx 200 meters from the hotel.
All in all a vey nice place to stay with easy access to loads of activities - for all ages.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and felt that the staff were warm and welcoming and you were made to feel comfortable. I am also pleased that you were happy with your room and that you enjoyed your meals throughout. I have passed on your comments to my team to thank them for their hard work through what has been a particularly busy time for us with lots of families staying in the Hotel.
I am pleased that you had the chance to explore the local area including the Gondola at Nevis Range.
I hope that you will consider the Isles again for another stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Aberlour, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were returning after many years and found the hotel had changed in many ways...not all good.
On arrival we were disappointed to be told that we could not order lunch despite noticing that the hotel brochure featured all day bistro dining.
Our room(104)had a broken window screen blind and the velux window was twisted causing a noise due to wind and traffic as well as a cold draught.In all fairness we were allocated an alternative family room which was very comfortable.
On a positive note when my wife left some clothes at the hotel a simple phone call was all it took to have them forwarded.Also on a positive note the hotel has some of the most stunning views.
The coach tour season had begun and with it bad news , I suspect from the food choice on offer that all guests were offered the table d'hote menu which featured the usual suspects of fish pie,lasagne roast pork and quiche(priced at £14.50 per main).I also suspect that the lack of lunch on offer was possibly due to the preparation of dinner as all dishes were such that they could be prepared well in advance.We were on an ITISON voucher deal..hence the high value mark.The rooms mark is for the reallocation.

Room Tip: family room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracy M, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am sorry that we were not offering lunches when you arrived. We had taken the decision throughout the winter months to not serve lunches as we felt there was very little call for them and I know that a number of establishments around the area also did the same thing.
I apologise that your window blind was broken in your room and have addressed this with the maintenance team, along with the twisted window.
I am pleased though that the team were able to help by reallocating you and that the other room was comfortable for you.
All of our guests including our coach guests are offered the same menu choice. We do reduce the number of dishes offered throughout the winter months, so as to ease our stockholding. We do find however that what we do offer meets with very positive feedback from the majority of our guests. Had there been nothing to your liking on the menu, then we would have been happy to work with the Kitchen to provide you with a dish of your choice.
Thanks again for your feedback and I hope that I can welcome you back again to the Isles in the future.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for one night in November and one night in stirling as a wee weekend getaway.got a great deal on 5pm and was a bit dubious as to what we would get for our deal but have to say enjoyed our night in the isles of glencoe.on arrival chap on reception was very pleasant and helpful and explained what we were getting for our deal.dinner bed breakfast and a bottle of wine included so that was a nice surprise.we dropped our stuff of in our room that had amazing views of the loch and went to book dinner and have a drink at the bar.only thing that let it down was the layout of the bar area,people coming from the pool in swimwear walking through the bar is a bit unusual in a hotel.the furniture could to with an update and rearranged as chairs were facing away from the main feature(the fire).it reminded me of some sort of ikea layout and everything seemed a bit plastic.making some changes and making it more homely would make people more comfortable.food was average and breakfast was a bit cold but overall an enjoyable stay and would most definitely go back.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us in November. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your one night stay and that you would return for another stay. I note your comments regarding the layout of the Lounge area and it is something that we could definitely work with in order to bring about a bit of change. We are hoping that our Lounge and Restaurant furniture will be upgraded in the not too distant future so this would also be the ideal time to rearrange the layout.
As we have rooms on both sides of the Hotel, we do occassionally have guests that chose to get dressed in their rooms after being in the pool, though we do discourage this, especially walking through the bar with no shoes on.
I apologise that you felt that the breakfast offering was cold and I have brought this to the attention of the breakfast chef to ensure that the food is checked regularly and topped up frequently too.

Hamilton, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night with the family as part of the group of 13 mentioned in an earlier review, and had a great time.

The staff went out of their way to make our stay a good one.

Dinner was lovely and breakfast was very good too for a buffet breakfast.

Room was not bad, but could have done with a little attention. The television was very old, and the bathroom was becoming tired and could do with a major refit, but everything worked just fine.

In short, I'd recommend the hotel, as the location is perfect, scenery gorgeous, and the staff were about as brilliant as any I have ever seen!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am so pleased that your party enjoyed their stay and I have passed on your comments to my staff.
I am aware as are my Managers that our rooms are in need of an uplift and I am confident that this will start to happen in the not too distant future.
Thank you for recommending the Hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Isles in the future.

Inverkip, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

In the impressive and overwhelming landscape next to the village of Glencoe, this hotel has very good facilities like a relaxing swimming-pool and offers very good food. An excellent place to stay as a base for day excursions. If it is landscape and relax what you are looking for, this is the closest place.

Room Tip: Make sure you call beforehand and have a reservation.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and made use of the swimming pool while you were here. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our food offering and have passed your comments onto my Kitchen team.
I look forward to welcoming you back for another relaxing stay in the future.

Tracy Mackintosh

Been to Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!