“Great value for money in ideal setting” 5 of 5 stars

Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Fort William, Ballachulish PH49 4HL, Scotland   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Ballachulish
scotland
“Great value for money in ideal setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

This hotel never disappoints. It doesnt pretend to be anything other than a fab 3 star hotel but one whose service, staff and food would give some higher rated hotels run for their money. Every staff member is friendly and helpful with nothing being too much trouble. The rooms have just been repainted. The meals were lovely and plentiful. The leisure centre gives an ideal distraction when the weather is awful. The setting is amazing with spectaular scenery all around.
We enjoyed the added bonus of a folk singer in the lounge on the Saturday night. Another great stay!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
nuggetWestHighlands, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, February 15, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am delighted that once again, we have offered everything that you were looking for. I have passed on your comments to my team who are always keen to receive feedback from our guests.
As you have said we are 3 star and we as a team have always agreed that we would like to be seen as a good quality 3 star, than a poor quality 4 star, hence why we do not try to be anything other than 3 star.

Tracy Mackintosh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Just returned from a 1 night stay at this fantastic hotel, staff very friendly and facilities first class.
only down side for us was the limited menu on the night, we opted for a pork and a venison which were not bad but the potatoes seemed undercooked (hard).

Room Tip: top floor has fantastic views
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and felt that the facilities were as you had hoped. I am sorry that you felt that the menu was limited for you. We do change our starters and main courses on a nightly basis, so that our guests have options throughout their stay. I have passed on your comments to the Kitchen team in regards to the potatoes. The team do cook the vegetables slightly aldente and are always happy to cook them more should our guests require this.
I hope that this will not deter you from staying with us again and hope that I can welcome you back to the Isles in the future.

Chorley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Having returned from our third break at the Isles, Hogmanay, and two Burn's weekends, we can only say that this hotel meets all the requirements we ask for. The food is excellent, rooms are very comfortable, staff are just great and the location is just stunning. As a small tour operator we do look for quality more than quantity and the Isles - yes we will be going back - is in our top ten. If you are looking for group travel in the Highlands do try the and let Tracey and her team look after your group. Excursions from here can take your group to Oban, Mull and Iona, Mallaig and on to Skye, Ft. William, Newtonmore, Aviemore and the Cairngorms, Nevis Range Gondola and the Caledonian Canal to Inverness. Boat cruises at Ft Augustus. Great place, great stay. John Reeves

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
nuggetWestHighlands, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Many thanks for your feedback John regarding your 3 recent stays with us here at the Isles. I am delighted that everything has gone well for you and the Hotel meets all the requirements you are looking for. Thank you so much for rating the Isles in your top ten. It means a lot to myself and the team to get your views and we always look forward to working with you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Isles at the end of the year if not before.

Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

You just could not ask for a more scenic location, friendly staff and easy access to some beautiful countryside.

Room Tip: most rooms have a loch view but it doesnt hurt to specify it when booking
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
nuggetWestHighlands, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Isles in the future.

Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Very attentive staff, and good food. The lochside position is excellent our room (as most seemed to) had a beautiful view over the loch and a door which opened lochside.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your feedback in relation to your stay with us here at the Isles in January of this year.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay as well as the food and that you felt that were well looked after by the staff.

Irvine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Was lucky enough to stay in the Isles of Glencoe only last weekend.
From the minute we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with cheery helful staff. We were lucky to have been allocated a room with a loch view, because the scenery is just fabulous.
The actual room was very spacious and warm with heating that could be adjusted to your needs. Which is quite useful
The bathroom is spaceous very clean and has a choice of both bath and shower (which worked very well. Not always the case in other hotels). We had a meal on both nights and I must say that the standard and presentation of the food was excellent. As was the staff at the hotel who were more than helpful with any questions about the local are etc. The staff are a real credit to this hotel. I just cant praise them highly enough. Made use of the leisure facilities which are on offer. It is really pleasant to be able to go for a warm swim after coming in from the cold
The actual location of this hotel is second to none, .As the surrounding grounds and village are very pleasant for short strolls, if it is a quiet lazy stay that is required. Also is the perfect base for touring the area.
Which I may add is some of the best scenery and history in Scotland.
I would recommend you give this hotel a visit.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a room with a loch view as the scenery is just fabulous.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
nuggetWestHighlands, General Manager at Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Isles. I thank you for your lovely comments regarding my staff and have passed your comments on to them. I do count myself very lucky to have such a good team with me. I have also passed on your comments in relation to our food and housekeeping. Our menus have just recently changed and we have an ongoing programme in place for the painting and decorating of our rooms and bathrooms.

Aberdeen, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We liked:
Stunning location, really is a fantastic spot
Friendly staff

We didn't like:
Cold showers, surely this would be a priority for a West Highland hotel for when folks come in off the hills.
Salmon Terrine appeared to be made from bread and brine from tinned salmon tin. Not nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a lochside view.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Many thanks for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, though was a little concerned that you experienced a cold shower. Having checked with my Reception team, we are not aware that there have any problems with our hot water supply recently, though our boilers have been checked to ensure that they are running as they should be. I sincerely apologise for this shortcoming.
With regards to the Salmon Terrine, again I am not aware of any problems with our food offering of late, though I have passed on your feedback to my Chef to ensure that the quality is as it should be.
I hope that I can welcome you back to the Isles again in the future.

Tracy Mackintosh

Been to Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!