“Pictures in the p*shing rain” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Join us on safari to learn the art of landscape photography and capture the classic shots of Glen Coe. Karl will take you on location and under his friendly and encouraging direction you will experience a fabulous day exploring the skills and techniques of digital photography.Our 1to1 tuition offers you a unique opportunity to learn on location the secrets of professional landscape photography and to capture the classic shots of one of Scotland’s top photographic locations.
“Pictures in the p*shing rain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

3hours with Karl showing me how to use my new Canon was a birthday present. I have spent quite a lot of time in Glen Coe and probably as much time taking very average pictures. My main aim was to get off the auto setting and take photographs myself instead of letting Canon decide what was best. It was cold raining windy and snowed a bit - perfect! I now have the knowledge to not let Canon decide and enjoyed my time learning my camera. I am a big fan of laid back instruction and Karl does this very well - even in the rain. I will be booking future "lessons" as I want to learn more about my camera and Karl can definitely teach at a pace that suits me.

London, United Kingdom
“Great photo day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had decided that booking this tour with Karl would be a good way to get me to some of the places I did not know around Glencoe, as I already felt I was a pretty proficient photographer. It DID take me to places I would never have found, but it also taught and challenged me a lot in suing filters and the discipline of taking photos. Karl knows his stuff (as expected, he is a pro photographer), but he is able to explain things very well to beginners as well. I had a full day and it was well worth the money (even though I thought my photos were already pretty good). Book it and get some proper guidance on locations and techniques in a fantastic area of the country.

Visited October 2012
Ross-on-Wye
“Next level”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I had my first 1:1 with Karl about 18 months ago and, although I know my way round a camera, came away with a whole camera bag of new skills. This time I went with a friend.

Karl's approach to teaching is relaxed but focussed. He teaches people as individuals and takes time to find out what they know so he can build on from where they are. We both had a fabulous day and came away with new knowledge and some great shots.

I love the fact that Karl will also share his business and marketing experience with people if they are interested. Great advice for those who, like me, are thinking about taking their photography to a professional level.

Book - you won't be disappointed!

Visited October 2012
Perth, United Kingdom
“Total beginner learns a huge amount”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have to confess my three-hour safari was part of a prize I'd won. As a complete novice in the art of photography, and having been urged by a friend to take his expensive hybrid camera with me to use on the trip, I was a bit nervous of taking part. Karl immediately put my mind at rest by his pleasant manner and obvious high level of knowledge on the subject. It may sound basic but he took the time to explain the workings of the tripod which he had supplied and to evaluate the relative advantages and disadvantages of different styles of tripod. His introduction to the basic elements of composition, shutter speed, apertures, filters and such was lucid and just what I needed to set me on the right road. The other three people in the group had quite a bit of experience in photography but I got the impression they were getting a lot from Karl's presentation. Of course, the magnificent landscapes of Glencoe played a huge part in the enjoyment of the visit!

Visited September 2012
Cotswolds UK
5 attraction reviews
“Brilliant day on the Sunday safari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I was joined by 2 other photographers for Karl's Sunday safari.

As usual the weather was sunshine and showers, but very flat grey skies which makes landscape photography a bit challenging.

During the course of the day we visited 5 locations around Glencoe starting with the classic Blackrock Cottage, a couple of waterfalls an odd old shed and bike and another cottage. At each location Karl introduced a technical element or two, so in no way was it a techie day.

Karl was on hand to help with composition or filters or even a wide angle len.

Superb value for money, a whole day for £69. Similar days out elsewhere are often £150 - £200

Visited September 2012