Wow!! What a gorgeous and quirky place to stay. We had walked the first part of the South West Coast Path from Minehead and were in need of rest and relaxation. We weren't disappointed! Sitting by the harbour having a drink was blissful. We got a very warm welcome too. Marie was so friendly and made us feel special. WiFi was excellent in the bar area too. We had a room at the front looking over the harbour and it was very comfortable and we slept very well indeed (helped by our 15 mile walk I'm sure). Lovely breakfast in the morning. Overall we really enjoyed our stay in this quirky and interesting hotel. It was a bit pricey but unlike many other hotels we have stayed at, we will certainly remember our night here with fond memories.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel
- Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Millers award winning Gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Millers At The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.