“Highly recommended.” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Local cuisine, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Highly recommended.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Upon finding the highest TA rated restaurant in the town shut for the night, I then decided to try the 2nd and I'm pleased I did. Cosy yet lively enough for a Monday night, traditional pub with friendly, welcoming staff. Chose the lamb special followed by sticky-toffee-pudding washed down with a couple of well kept, clear, black sheep. The food was very good in general and the two cuts of lamb were exquisite. My first visit did not disappoint. Free wi-fi too, ask at the bar.

Visited May 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My partner and I selected this lovely little bar for our lunch while in the beautiful little village of Alnmouth. I was pleasantly surprised by the old fashioned look of the bar, made even more cosy by the real fire. We ordered our drinks and some food - baguettes, one filled with soft roast pork in a delicious apple gravy. The other was tender roast beef & Stilton, both served with a small salad. I was slightly annoyed as on the menu it didn't mention Stilton and just said "cheese". I had ordered this but I don't like Stilton, so I swapped with my partner. The food was very much enjoyed and filling enough for a lunch.
As it was a nice day, we ate our food in the beer garden which over-looks the beautiful little bay in Almouth and over to Northumberland. A truly wonderful view.
The staff were pleasant and helpful, but they were a bit short staffed and we had to clear our tables and wait to take our food to the table. But if you don't mind little things like that, it was a wonderful experience and I would certainly return.
Toilets are very few and do not cater for the disabled visitor.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hull
“What a meat pie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Meat pie was super. Lots of sweet too. Very busy eating place. Needed to book. This is on the main street in Alnmouth

Visited May 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“very happy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

we visited this pub after reading the reviews on Trip advisor, everything good they said was true. Dog friendly, very important, infact almost everyone had a dog. The Sunday lunch was freshly cooked and satisfied our fussy 11 year old, while to scampi filled a hole for our 16 year old, hubby was more than happy with his steak pie, while the brownie and sticky toffee pudding were to die for. if we did not live so far away we would be a regular visitor.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Durham, United Kingdom
“Excellent 'pub food'”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

The standard of the food was way above what one often encounters in a 'traditional' pub such as this; very friendly staff; good beer; and a cosy ambience - first rate!

• Visited April 2013