“Nice staff and food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
louth
“Nice staff and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Lovely lobster just give 24 hrs notice.
Love their seafood dishes. Always friendly service.

Visited January 2012

Coningsby
“Good for a special occasion. A little pricey but the quality of the food is worth it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

I went with my wife for her friend's 40th having not been for 8 yrs and the place had hardly changed. I mean that in a good way as there was nothing wrong with it before.
I had a chicken and sweetcorn soup (standard chinese fare I know) which was well seasoned and as expected, my wife had the sesame prawn toast (ditto) and there was a chicken satay for Lewis and a mixed tray of Hors d'oeuvres for the other 3 which looked fantastic.
I had the special fried noodles for my main. This was a massive plate of noodles which were partly crispy and partly soft and with an almost bbq flavour. These were topped with all manner of goodies (big fat prawns, char sui pork, chicken, pakchoi, broccoli and carrot) and a mildly spiced soy and garlic sauce.
All the other mains looked and tasted great but I won't go on too much.
We finished off with a birthday cake one of us had provided which was brought to the table by the waitress and a few coffees.
Overall it was a really good chinese if a little pricey . I'd certainly go back.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Norwich
“Great service, excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

After reading several reviews we decided to visit Tai Pan in Louth. The restraurant is well layed out and the service was excellent. Definate value for money, large portions and piping hot food.

If you like Chinese, you will love this place!

• Visited May 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
UK
“Good Chinese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

Set in an old Louth town house this pleasant chinese has a slightly more adventurous menu than most. It was a Sunday night so very quiet and the Tai Pan was one of the few restaurants that was open. On a Saturday I imagine the restaurant wold have much more atmosphere. We only had a couple of stir fries but these were done well so no complaints there.

• Visited March 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
cheshire
“Fabulous Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

Had dinner here whilst staying in Louth. This was the best sea-food I have ever tasted in an Asian restaurant. The service was brilliant, especially as the owner was the only person waiting on. It was Monday evening and she was not expecting a full house. The food was more than ample and very, very good. If I am ever back in Louth I will definitely return to the Tai Pan.