“OMG......will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Louth
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: We are a tiny and quirky restaurant offering a relaxed mystery local tasting experience to twenty guests Monday to Saturday starting at 7 p.m. with canapes and winding down around 10.30 p.m. Our passion is very much in celebrating the ingredients and seasons of Lincolnshire through a humble menu of several small tasting courses in a relaxed,welcoming and definitely unpretentious atmosphere.
Grimsby, England, United Kingdom
“OMG......will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant last night as a couple for our wedding anniversary. We had our friends with us who had heard of the restaurant and wanted to try it. I was intrigued by the concept of not having a menu to choose from and the thought of 7 courses. From the moment I booked our table we were treated fantastically. My husband has a nut allergy and I was assured this would be catered for (it was ) The building itself is stunning and we were greeted at the door like old friends. The whole evening was relaxed and chilled. We even had our own dinning room. Now the food.......amazing,a fish and ham chowder, duck, pigeon,chicken, homemade haslet and more and each course punctuated with a different mouth refreshing sorbet .Your plate wasn't filled with chips and onion rings to fill you up just a small plate of food bursting with flavours. 3 deserts, what can I say. Oh I forgot the beautiful canapés on arrival! Paul the chef came out to talk to us at the end of the evening, I actually felt like giving him a round of applause ! Will we be back? Oh yes, very soon.

Visited August 2013

“Incredible food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Thought we would treat ourselves for a meal for my 25th birthday, and boy did we get a treat! I've always liked good food and cook a lot myself but Paul's food is incredible and quite inspirational, it's obvious a lot of love goes in to each dish (7 course meal). Just left feeling amazed with the experience, and the people are so humble there, thanks a lot Paul and staff for a night to remember.

Louth, Lincolnshire, England
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Really had the most different dinning experience, a very relaxing evening. All of the courses we ate were both beautifully presented and tasted wonderful, one of my favourite things was the colli lolly, everything is locally produced, therefore in season too. We were lucky to catch the asparagus season, and it was served with smoked chicken and micro red salad leaves. I think in all we had 15 different things to eat, so good value really. Will defiantly go again!

• Visited June 2013
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Simply the best restaurant we have ever eaten in for food and the experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We decided to get married at the The Priory Hotel last year and we are so glad we did. It is such a special place. This is a little hidden gem in Louth, tucked away off a main road if you weren't looking for it you would miss it. The building it's self is full of charm both inside and out, it is full of little nooks and crannies with quaint rooms and a quirky little bar. It has a wonderful intimate atmosphere that perfectly matches its charming character. If it is not raining (and even if it is), try and explore the serene grounds while you are there, with its quirky ruins. We rented out the entire hotel for our wedding and it was wonderful to have this gem all to ourselves.

The proprietors, Paul and Shelley are so so kind, nothing was ever too much trouble with them and tand the staff were so attentive to our needs on that wedding weekend and when we ate at the restaurant prior to getting married. All the extra touches they gave added were lovely. For example; one of our guests was pregnant at our wedding and had a craving for ice, staff ensured she had a constant supply! For the two birthday parties we had their, they made us lovely complimentary birthday cakes. We had a little night cap after the big day and were allowed to stay an extra night.

Paul's love of food is unrivalled, the surprise taster menu he does is an experience you will never forget. We loved the excitement of not knowing what was coming next and it broadened our taste buds at the same time, my wife hates fish but even she enjoyed one of the fish dishes served. Paul's food is familiar but always delicious, at times even adventurous, he has a slight Heston Blumenthal inventiveness to his dishes, toffee sauce with duck to name one. It was different (several) dishes each time we went that are accompanied by appitisers and palet cleansers in between before finishing with a few deserts. Trust me and my 40 something guests when we say you will be surprised, delighted and stuffed! The food just never seems to stop, at our wedding we had a full cheese table and desert room after several courses!

We have never met people so passionate what they do and we are forever in debt to the experience and memories they gave us time and time again with each visit. Trying to find an excuse to return.

• Visited October 2012
Derby, United Kingdom
“A very special place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went to a wedding reception here nearly four years ago and I jumped at the chance of returning to try the seven course tasting menu. Started with several tasters before the meal started . It is difficult to describe every dish as they are unique and I don't want to spoil it for others who try this. Suffice to say I will include photos and brief description of a number of dishes we all tried.
Staff explained everything we had at each stage . Remembering all the ingredients was a problem but the tastes were superb. Guava Granita, Pear Sorbet were just two of the refreshers we had in between courses. I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I have ever had.
I didn't feel full after so many courses because the quantities were ideal. I don't eat red meat but that did not matter as the alternative to one meat dish was amazing. Butternut Squash with Mustard Mash was divine and much envied. Well worth the price for an experience of a lifetime which you will want to repeat. I am already thinking of an excuse to come back

• Visited June 2013