“really disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN White Hart Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 - 5 High Street, Boston PE21 8SH, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Boston
Stevenage, United Kingdom
“really disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

having stayed here 4 times before was really looking forward to our stay. We booked an executive as usual and when we arrived were given room 102, in the past we have stayed in 101, but thought it would be the same as room 101, unfortunately not. For a start the bed in room 101 has a lovely huge superking bed, which we were expecting in room 102, sadly we got a kingsize and the room seems somewhat smaller, I asked in reception if it was possible to have room 101 as I felt it is a better room with bigger bed, the receptionist said sorry but the people in there had decided to stay another night. In fairness 102 is still a nice room and we had pre paid so felt we had to continue with our stay. Wish we had gone home now. The noise from the bar was horrendous it felt like there was a disco in our room and this went on till midnight, my husband went down just before 12 to ask when this noise was going to stop, there was no apology , he wasn't asked what room we were in and just said it stops at 12. Yes the music stopped at midnight but then the noise of people leaving and clearing up went on until 2am. We were bitterly disappointed, we spent £103 to get hardly any sleep at all, we complained when we handed in keys and were told we should have been informed on booking or on arrival about the noise we would experience. I am afraid we were offered no refund of even a bit of the cost of this night and feel it has now put us off returning to the hotel at least if you have a bad night at Premier inn they do refund you the cost of the night. I would never have booked this room if I had been informed of the noise. Never ever book room 102 unless you are joining the bar event too!

Room Tip: do not book 102 even though it is a lovely executive room, it does not have a superking bed like roo...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at BEST WESTERN White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear angcmc

I was so sorry to hear that on this occasion our customer service standards were not 100% compared to your previous visits. My colleague on reception was very apologetic that she forgot to inform you of the possible bar noise that may be experienced in that particular room and I know she telephoned you directly to apologise for this. It is our hotel policy to inform all guests at weekends that noise maybe heard, due to our location in the centre of town and with our own Courtyard Bar being open until midnight.

We would sincerely like to see you again in the future and when you are next due to stay in Boston, please do contact either myself, or in my absence, my Head Receptionist Jo, so that we may make amends for this oversight.

Alan Bloomfield

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very old and steeped in history which adds to the charm and character of the building and rooms. Our welcome was very warm and staff were always polite, helpful and extremely friendly - they made you feel welcome. Our room was clean with a recently refurbished en-suite and the window looked out over the river and The Stump - quite spectacular when all lit up at night. Room had all the facilities you could need and was very comfortable with a huge bed. The breakfasts were excellent as was the dinner we had on Saturday. Again the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back and stay again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BulldogHotelGroup, Manager at BEST WESTERN White Hart Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
We are very pleased that you chose to stay at our hotel for you ‘Few days break’. I remember you actually staying with us & I enjoyed the conversations that we shared. You did comment that you would like to come back & stay with us again, so we will look forward to welcoming you back……soon I hope.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here for one night. There aren't many hotels in this town. Paid £95 for one person in a double room. The room looked very dated - repeatedly overpainted wallpaper, cheap furniture. The wire to the kettle did not reach any of the plugs so I had to hold it in the air to boil it. The shower did not work unless you held the spray it at knee level.

On the plus side the bed was very comfortable. Because of the condition of the room, I decided not to chance breakfast, though I notice it had a 5* food hygiene rating.

If it had been £39 then it would probably have been alright, but I will stay at the nearby premier inn next time - less money and better condition.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with the hotel. With this being an historic (300+ years) building within the town centre we do have a few odd quirks like the water pressure reaching the top floor so we try to ease the strain by advertising this in the bedrooms to assist our guests, with regards the shower, you only need to hang the hose down until the water comes through then its good for normal use (this allows for any air blocks to be released). I have looked at the kettle & this was put in as an emergency one that day as the previous one had stopped working, this has now been replaced with a longer corded one. If you do come across issues in the future, please inform a member of the team who will be only too willing to assist.

cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Loved the building very old very quirky,my room was small but comfortable. Handy for town and railway station. Didn't eat breakfast but did eat dinner. Fishcakes to start followed by duck with rice and noodles was very good. Staff were great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you, this is a lovely grand building, steeped in history & stands prominently on the river. We are very proud the Best Western White Hart Hotel is part of many interesting buildings within the town. We look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel is in a excellent for the town, it has a nice friendly bar. The room was nice, but with a small amount of work, such as a little re grouting, it could be improved. The staff are both friendly, hardworking and efficient. I would stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We do have a fantastic location with in the town centre, close to the taxi rank & local train station so getting to & from us is very easy. The staff do pride themselves on the service they give & your kind words have been passed on to all of the team.

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

The White Hart Hotel is a lovely, welcoming hotel. The building has lots of period charm and is very clean and well furnished. Our room was very clean and comfortable and had everything we needed. Breakfast was excellent too. Plenty of variety to suit most tastes. The full English breakfast was nicely cooked. Overall a very pleasant stay. Staff were welcoming and very polite.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review of our very historic building which stands very prominently within the town centre. The breakfast offering has recently changed so I am pleased to hear that you thought that there was plenty of variety, we have tried to accommodate all tastes. The kind words about our staff have been passed onto them, so thank you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

I have travelled the world and stayed in hotels in Japan, Hong Kong, Europe, America and Canada, but The White Hart Best Western in Boston, Lincs, topped them all. They have managed to do what no other hotel has ever managed: they made me feel like I was in my own home. The comfortable, warm atmosphere, partnered with the outstanding staff made the stay a truly pleasurable experience. They went to such great lengths to make the stay perfect and they did exactly that!!! We travelled from London to Boston by car which took longer than I expected, so when we arrived extremly late, they even got out our meal cooking whilst we unpacked, tremendous meals to be had also in this wonderful establishment. The hotel is clean, and the rooms are wonderful, the bathroom was a pleasure to be in, the bedding was so soft, warm and comfortable also as were the beds. The dining area is lovely, the lighting was just right for our evening meal, beautifully presented meals which tasted marvelous, I am a very fussy eater and so hard to please, so for me to sat this is quite a rarity! The breakfast was fabulous also, 10 out of 10 for everything!!!! There is car parking available too. There is friendliness, professionalism, perfection and warmth from all of the staff. I left a jumper in the room and the wonderful lady that was on reception called me to tell me, I went back to get it and felt sad that I had to go back to London! I wanted to stay there forever. The lovely gentleman who was working in the bar that night was so kind. I never went into the bar, but I spoke to him regarding something I wanted to know. It concerned something that was available in the bar called a teapig- he was so kind and explained what a teapig was (real tea in a silk purse which tasted natural and was totally different to a regular teabag), he even went and got me one and gave it to me for free, A BIG thank you to all of the lovely staff, I cannot wait to go back there in March for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Wow – ‘The best hotel in the world’, thank you very much, that certainly is a statement. We, as a team strive to give the best service possible, in comfortable surroundings with local foods freshly prepared & cooked to order. I am pleased you felt it was a home from home as this is what we want our guests to feel, like it is an extension of their own home (without have to do the dishes or the laundry) so that they can relax & enjoy a lovely time away. As a team we did enjoy your company whilst you stayed with us & we look forward to welcoming you back home.

Alan Bloomfield

Been to BEST WESTERN White Hart Hotel? Share your experiences!