“Adventure before Dementia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Y-NOT Guest House

Y-NOT Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Y-NOT Guest House
You added Y-NOT Guest House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   10 - 12 Langrick Road, Boston PE21 8HT, England   |
Ranked #2 of 17 Boston B&B and Inns
South Shields, England, United Kingdom
“Adventure before Dementia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

During a cycle ride from Ipswich to Humber Bridge my friend and I were mostly camping, we needed a proper bed for the night and stumbled upon Y-Not Guest House in Boston. The room was excellent value and the 'landlady' very accommodating, with secure cycle parking and an excellent breakfast.

The room was very clean and well appointed with tea, coffee, biscuits and access to a kitchen we could use, also had laundry facilities.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

A very pleasant 3 night stay on a fishing break to the local premier fishery 'Westwood Lakes'. Margaret, the proprietor, couldn't have been more helpful. Advice on local pubs, restaurants and taxi services were invaluable. Felt more like one of the family than an unknown guest! Room was excellent and a good nights sleep was followed by full English breakfasts to set us up for the day.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Billericay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

A very nice guest house. We travelled to Boston as my son was competing at the PRSA Athletics track which is only 4 minutes away. Both rooms were great . Our double room was very big with an ensuite and our son's room had twin beds with an ensuite. We had access to the kitchen which has tea, coffee and juices, cereals, bread butter and jams available to us at no extra cost. That was a lovely touch - especially after a long journey before we headed out for dinner that evening.

It is a really good location on the outskirts of town so we had easy access to town and the sports stadium. To top it offor Margaret, the proprietor was very welcoming. We were made to feel at home, breakfast was lovely and on the second day when Alex had an injury and still a day of competition ahead of him, Margaret gave him some gel to easy the pain and would not accept anything in return. Thank you for making us so welcome, and a big thank you for what you did for our son it was beyond kindness.

This is a lovely guesthouse and very accommodating, very reasonably priced and a service that would put some of the expensive hotels to shame. We would highly recommend it and if we are in the area again, we will be checking in again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Very nice little guest house, Margaret, the proprietor was very friendly and helpful... I didn't leave my room until late, but there was no pressure to get out! Thank you!
A very pleasant stay and very near to town and all the amenities.
The room I had was big with ensuite - great value for money!

Thank you Margaret! :) x

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Daugavpils, Latvia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have just spent six days as a guest at the 'Y-NOT' with my wife whilst attending a friends wedding. The accommodation provided was spotlessly clean and very well appointed. The access to the kitchen to prepare our own food and to make tea and coffee as required was an excellent bonus. There are coffee/tea making facilities in the rooms also. I totally love the warm, friendly welcome both Margaret and Pete give their guests. The breakfasts in the morning were superb and very much appreciated by an 'ex-pat' who can't get a 'full English' where I live.
I cannot recommend this guest house highly enough, everything is 'first rate' and is exceptional value for money.
The Guest house is only a few minutes walk from the town centre of Boston and is ideally situated if you wish to explore the town.
I will definitely be returning to Y-NOT next year and am heartily looking forward to it and the warm welcome I know I will receive.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Our stay at the Y-NOT was organised at short notice by a friend and as I normally do my homework before choosing a guesthouse, I was a little nervous about what sort of place he might have chosen. I needn't have worried - he had picked up our keys in advance and we arrived after midnight to find a super large room, perfectly clean and tidy and with our own kitchenette and en suite shower room - a good strong hot shower as it turned out, which is always a bonus. I don't often sleep well away from home but the double bed in our room was wonderfully comfortable and warm, resulting in the best nights sleep for ages! Breakfast next morning was excellent with a choice of cereals, unlimited fresh juice and an excellently cooked full English which set us up perfectly for the day ahead. All this was great but what really makes the Y-NOT stand out is the friendliness of the lovely hosts Margaret and Pete who chatted to us as though we were old friends and even ended up helping us find a good local tradesman for an ongoing project - a genuinely nice decent couple. We visit Boston a couple of times a year and good, well located accommodation can be hard to find but now I've discovered the Y-NOT I probably wouldn't want to consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Margaret treats her guests as family friends and goes out of her way to make new guests welcome. I stayed at Y NOT for over two months whilst working in town and have been very well looked after throughout that time. A comfortable room with access to kitchen facilities meant that I could look after my own cooking during the evening. The house is in a quiet location just out of the town centre but close enough for access to shops etc. An ideal place to stay with those little touches that make a stay pleasant such as drink facilities/TV in the room.

Room Tip: Quiet at the fron of the house..... V quiet at the back.