“Brilliant Food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Perth, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have travelled for work for the last 30 years and have eat out countless times and always enjoy good food. My Head Office is in Bishops Frome approx 40 minutes away but whenever I visit the office we always visit The Roadmaker.
The Service is always excellent from the very hospitable Nepalese owners. They are so polite and attentive.
The food is so tasty and always freshly cooked in the kitchen which is open to view from the restaurant.
Whilst we have never had a bad experience in dozens of visits my favourites is Momo for starters, Nepalese lamb for mains. Btw you must always order an extra Onion Bahjee. Whereas some Bajees are just an onion in a lump of batter, theirs is so light and tasty. Next visit I might even sacrifice my Momo for just a Bajee or just have both.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

91% Recommend
Truro, United Kingdom
“Superb food, shame the service let it down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent, but a bit expensive. Would have a takeaway next time as the service and atmosphere were not very good

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The food is absolutely sublime!!! We were recommended this restaurant by my parents and they were right, the best for miles around. We're from Malvern so travelled 30 mins, and definitely worth it!! Brilliant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hereford
“A great surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My business partner had been raving about this place for ages and I have avoided it as years ago I knew it as a run down pub and also there are some great curry houses closer to home.
I am so pleased he cajoled me into going with him as the food was outstanding , the Nepalese lamb curry the best lamb curry I have tasted in at least ten years. The dining room was spotless and well appointed, service competent, friendly and polite. A bonus was the bar next door with some good real ales. The restaurant was nearly full on a Wednesday evening, I imagine booking would be advisable particularly on weekends.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Honest review - Nice food just not enough of it for the price.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I came here LAST YEAR as a GROUP and have to say the experience was great. Lots of difffrerent flavours going around and lots of different dishes to try. I loved the food so much i wanted to go back and even told my husband how good it was. So we decided to go
last week, and I was very disssapointed with the size of the portions they gave out. The starter was something and nothing and at £5 i did expect a little more, not four peices of meat on a small plate with a bit of ungarnished salad. My husband had a madras and there must have been no more than 4-5 peices of meat and a small bowl of chips. I had a chicken curry and to be honest there was more sauce than meat. Don't get me wrong the food was very tasty but just NOT ENOUGH OF IT FOR WHAT YOU PAY!! My bowl of chips was tiny for £2.60 a pop. If I was to return here it would be in a group. I Wont be visiting as a couple again.

• Visited June 2013