“Quality as Expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
Decatur, Alabama
“Quality as Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

This is my second stop at this Hampton and I found it very satisfactory both times. It is pretty easy to get to and from I-40 from here. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. The breakfast was the usual except you get a Little Rock newspaper instead of USA Today. The motel is about half way between Memphis and Little Rock if you don't want to stay in these cities.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Owensboro, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I don't like to write reviews that are not glowing because either have been at the hotel before or I have researched the hotel on Tripadvisor. Hampton let me down,. The first thing was remodeling that was not expected. They were hammering above although it was after 6 PM. They did hold down the noise after we complained. We requested one extra pillow, a small request which the management would not honor. Sometimes one pillow makes a difference doesn't it.

Room Tip: If you have trouble getting into and out of bathtubs, they have shower only rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Boonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Quiet, very clean, spacious room, large bathroom. Sheets are comfy, but not ultra high end. (I'm a linen snob.) Bed squeaks and, aside from fast food, only a couple of restaurants in the area. At $100 a night, seems a bit pricey for Arkansas. Overall, cleanliness is most important to me, so i'm happy.

• Stayed September 2012
Malakoff, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I stay repeatedly at this property and have never had anything below 5 star service. Immaculate rooms, cold a/c, very friendly staff... From check in to check out, EVERYTHING is top notch! I recommend this to anyone wanting to avoid Memphis as its only a short drive in to Tennessee.

• Stayed July 2012
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Once again the Hampton did not dissappoint! Friendly and professional staff, clean room, amazing beds and a great free breakfast in the morning. How can you go wrong for $117.00 a night its a no brainer. Dont be afraid to use this hampton on your next road trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Because of the nature of my work, I am on the road often, and always search for a Hampton Inn as my number one choice. I do this because at the end of a long day I can always expect a great room, great service, at a reasonable price. However, recently I had a bad experience at this Hampton Inn.

The purpose of the trip was to move to a new position from Texas to Washington, D.C., thus I had a truck and trailer full of household goods we were moving. It was unreasonable to unload all our valuables into the hotel room for the night, so I parked directly in front of the hotel. The night went well and around 0800 that next morning as I walked out to my vehicle, I could see that it had been broken into. Several things had been stolen including a $2,500 custom banjo. I won’t go into the story behind the banjo, but will only say it had a very special meaning to me. My heart sank and I proceeded to the front counter. I couldn’t find anyone at the counter and finally went out front and found the staff member on a smoke break. I informed her that my truck had been broken into and to please call the police. The police came and a report was taken.

So here is my beef. The staff person, who I found outside during the busy check out period, never said I’m sorry this happened or expressed any sympathy at all. One of the few things she did say was, “you should have known better than to leave valuables in your car.” The staff member also commented that the “police always review the security cameras” which led me to believe that this is a common occurrence at this Hampton Inn. This of course is an assumption on my part.

Staff makes a huge difference in the overall Hampton experience. I didn’t expect anything from the hotel except some common courtesy which didn’t happen. I personally will not be staying at this one again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Harbor, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Professional and friendly staff. I love that the rooms of my recent Hampton Inn stays have had the rooms pre-cooled. Representative of what you expect from this Hilton chain, clean rooms, beds, and bathrooms. I do find it annoying when there is such a variance in room costs (government rates) from such a well known chain, but I presume it is about location and season. Just seems odd though as it often is substantial. Plenty of food choices in the area a couple within walking distance if the weather is nice otherwise you have to travel to the opposite side of the Interstate where the majority are located. Microwave and refrigerator provided.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hampton Inn Forrest City? Share your experiences!