“Happy Camper” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Forrest City
Benbrook, Texas
“Happy Camper”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I got married last year 2011, and me and my family stayed here during that weekend. This year my husband and I got a transfer, with his work and have moved to another state, I decided to stay here again and I stayed last month, the place has new carpet, still smells good, and the office staff really took care of me, I then decided to stay 3 more night,2 weeks later as we close the sale of our house, and finish moving our stuff. They have a warm breakfast, biscuits and gravy, waffles,cereal,juice,coffee, milk,etc. I would definantly stay here again, the price for a room was cheap and the place was clean!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We had room 110 with double beds and liked it overall: No smoking odor, new carpet, good furniture, bed, and bedspread. We save $30 compared to Super 8 next door. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was fine for a one-day stay. It was obvious that some upgrades (specifically furnishings) were fairly recent. But the room we were in had problems with the bathroom door handle. When we closed the door, we had great difficulty getting out! It's a good thing there were 2 of us. We "fixed" the problem by forcing toilet paper into the molding where the lock engaged. I let the clerk know about the problem at check-out time, so hopefully this will get fixed.

Breakfast was not so good. There was nothing warm other than coffee and hot water (which wasn't really hot enough to make decent oatmeal or tea). There were 2 varieties of cold cereal...probably the best choice of what was there. There was no cream for the coffee...only powdered creamer and milk left out for the cereal.

This is not a place I'd choose again.

Room Tip: You might get an OK room, but not an OK breakfast.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Forrest City hotels

Warren, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Our stay was not a planned stay...it was about 1am and we had been driving for 16 hours and had to stop. It was well worth our stop! The staff was friendly and the rooms were much bigger and nicer than we had expected! We had a nice sleep for a good price and were able to get back on our way to San Antonio for my brother's Air Force BMT Graduation! The lady at the desk chatted with us at breakfast like we were old friends. No complaints from this family!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
abviforrestcity, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Forrest City, responded to this review, October 30, 2011
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed our friendly staff and spacious rooms. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

I came out for a high school reunion and decided to spend the weekend at the best value inn. I was pleasantly surprised with my stay. Throughout my traveling experience I believe this was one of the best hotel that the chain has. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. I did not see any flaws what so ever. The staff was very caring. I asked for extra sets of towels and with in minutes someone came out. To me that is what customer service is all about. I will definitely stay at this hotel again and again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking time to share a review about our hotel. We are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in exceeding guest expectations and providing the best to our guest. We look forward to having you at our hotel on your next reunion or visit to Forrest city.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I stayed just one evening. I felt the clerk at the check in desk to be very pleasant. The hotel room was not clean. I am still a believer that you should be able to travel on a budget and still have a clean room. There were 2 dead crickets on the floor that were crunchy, indicating that they were there for some time. Also had 3 live crickets in the room. I really didnt appreciate sharing the room with them.
The beds were comfortable, but the cleanliness was horrible. There was hair in the shower and it hadn't looked like the floor was vacuumed, or the sink for that matter. On top of that, the hotel front desk called us at 9 am (checkout at 11) and asked if we were finished needing the water because they had to do some work and shut it off.... REALLY?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and have taken corrective action in our housekeeping department to ensure that this incident will not occur in the future. I hope you will give us an opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

During our travel cross-country, my fiancee and I decided to stop at Forrest City overnight, after traveling for over 12 hours. We were tired, worn out after covering 3 states on I-40, and it was after midnight. We did some price checking with other hotels in the area, and decided on America's Best Value Inn. My fiancee had asked about a discount, and they were able to give us a good price for a non-smoking, 2 double beds unit. We were satisfied with the well-equipped, quietness and cleanliness of the room, and got a good night's sleep. The continental breakfast was good and sufficient, and we enjoyed our chat with the manager, who was very helpful and friendly. We recommend this hotel because it's a great value for your money, and for the helpful and friendly management and staff!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Forrest City? Share your experiences!