“Great stop for our roadtrip!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
Dallas, Texas
“Great stop for our roadtrip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This property appears very new, so everything was nice and clean. The front desk staff made check-in a breeze, and gave me the usual Platinum status recognition (no upgrade, though!). The breakfast was the standard HIE fare, but it gave us a good start to another long day on the road.

BEWARE: construction on I-40 in Forrest City can cause delays, and it makes re-entering the interstate very difficult.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Casselberry, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was a late night, last minute stop for us and was a great find. Ember, at the desk was extremely helpful and overall hotel service was great. Our room was a king suite with a sofa bed for the 2 kids. I didn't hear any complaints from them about the bed. They provided a mattress cover and comforter with the sheets for the bed. The only problem was the comforter in the room had a dirty spot on it, but we called the desk and Ember personally delivered a clean comforter to us within minutes. The king suite was on the corner and was very large. The wet bar with microwave and fridge had plenty of room and wasn't squeezed into the entertainment center like a lot of hotels. The bathroom was also extra roomy. The whole place looks clean and fresh. I would stay here again if we were in the area. It would be a great place to stay for several days because of the space, cleanliness and free breakfast. Unfortunately it was just a stop on the road for us. There is an indoor pool and small fitness room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We stayed here while visiting relatives and I always worry about where to stay. The hotel has a very friendly staff who accommodated us for breakfast and even a last minute room addition. Very clean rooms and I'm extremely picky about cleanliness.

Stayed July 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express and Suites is one of the best. We have stayed at many as it is our primary "go to" hotel when staying out of town. You get what you pay for in any city/town and this is no exception. It was one of the priciest in the area but worth every penny. Customer service was above average, pool was nice, room was "very clean", furnishings throughout were exceptional. I must make note however that the beds were the most firm that I have ever experienced at a Holiday Inn which was the only negative. When I say firm I mean hard..Bathrooms were clean and efficiently designed. Overall an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Beds are very firm as of June 21, 2014.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
O'Fallon, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This beautiful new hotel fails at the most basic level -- the bed test. The beds are covered with plastic which crinkles with every move and holds the body heat. I could not believe the mattresses were the Holliday Inn norm of Serta perfect sleeper, because they were nearly as hard as the floor. And when I put in a negative comment at the front desk (nicely), all the clerk said was "sorry".
P

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Forrest City, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear CoriLyons131,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay with us. It is unfortunate that the beds were not to your liking. As a valued guest, your comments are very important as it helps us constantly improve our standards for service and quality.

Please be assured that corrective actions will be considered in the areas that you mentioned. Should your future travels bring you back to the area, we would love to serve you again.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I are actually from Forrest City originally and this is the hotel we stay at when we go back home for a visit. It is the best hotel in the area being the newest. The free breakfast is also a delicious plus! The staff are very friendly and we always found our room to be clean and presentable. There was a slight mix-up on our reservation for our last visit since we were arriving at 5am. The staff were very accommodating and ensured we were satisfied by providing a free room upgrade. The indoor pool is always a hit with my kids. There is not a lot to offer as far as the surrounding area, but sadly, that is just Forrest City. The best restaurant choices are Andrey's mexican or Delta Q which are both south of the interstate just off the main highway (Washington Street). If travel has you visiting Forrest City, choose this hotel. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Louisville,Ky.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the newest hotel in Forrest City and is your typical HIE fare which is a good thing. The hotel was clean and nicely appointed and couldn't have been much nicer.

I stayed twice, once back in December of '13 and again in April of '14. Both times at check in there was a discrepancy in the price quoted when the reservation was made and what they wanted to charge. Both times as I was checking in when the person checking me in had a problem entering the correct price and asked the manager for help, both times the manager said don't worry about it the computer will correct it. Both times when I woke up with my bill the next morning it was wrong and they were charging me the original WRONG price! Both times when I went to the desk they had to call the manager to correct the problem, which if she had bothered with it the night before we wouldn't have had the problem.

The second time the manager had to be called into the hotel to correct the problem. I was told not to worry it would be taken care of but I didn't want to leave till I was sure it was. Better to take care of it now then dealing with it a month later when then the cc bill came in. So after waiting 2 hours for the manager to come in to correct my bill (and finding out they had indeed charged me twice) I was finally on my way with hardly a thank you. I got the feeling in fact I was bothering them. While I waited I saw other people come to the desk with billing problems as well.

I travel a lot and usually look for a Hampton Inn, HIE, Best Western or Comfort Inn first. I know for one Hampton takes very seriously customer service and the customers complete 100% satisfaction. Due to this and other things that have happened over the years at HIE customer service doesn't seem to be real high on the list IMO.

There are lots of hotels in Forrest City. I've stayed at the Hampton, HIE and the Comfort Suites. Bang for buck I think the Comfort Suites is the best value and will definitely chose it next time I stay in Forrest City.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Forrest City? Share your experiences!