“Best hotel in the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Best hotel in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family and I are actually from Forrest City originally and this is the hotel we stay at when we go back home for a visit. It is the best hotel in the area being the newest. The free breakfast is also a delicious plus! The staff are very friendly and we always found our room to be clean and presentable. There was a slight mix-up on our reservation for our last visit since we were arriving at 5am. The staff were very accommodating and ensured we were satisfied by providing a free room upgrade. The indoor pool is always a hit with my kids. There is not a lot to offer as far as the surrounding area, but sadly, that is just Forrest City. The best restaurant choices are Andrey's mexican or Delta Q which are both south of the interstate just off the main highway (Washington Street). If travel has you visiting Forrest City, choose this hotel. You'll be glad you did.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Louisville,Ky.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the newest hotel in Forrest City and is your typical HIE fare which is a good thing. The hotel was clean and nicely appointed and couldn't have been much nicer.

I stayed twice, once back in December of '13 and again in April of '14. Both times at check in there was a discrepancy in the price quoted when the reservation was made and what they wanted to charge. Both times as I was checking in when the person checking me in had a problem entering the correct price and asked the manager for help, both times the manager said don't worry about it the computer will correct it. Both times when I woke up with my bill the next morning it was wrong and they were charging me the original WRONG price! Both times when I went to the desk they had to call the manager to correct the problem, which if she had bothered with it the night before we wouldn't have had the problem.

The second time the manager had to be called into the hotel to correct the problem. I was told not to worry it would be taken care of but I didn't want to leave till I was sure it was. Better to take care of it now then dealing with it a month later when then the cc bill came in. So after waiting 2 hours for the manager to come in to correct my bill (and finding out they had indeed charged me twice) I was finally on my way with hardly a thank you. I got the feeling in fact I was bothering them. While I waited I saw other people come to the desk with billing problems as well.

I travel a lot and usually look for a Hampton Inn, HIE, Best Western or Comfort Inn first. I know for one Hampton takes very seriously customer service and the customers complete 100% satisfaction. Due to this and other things that have happened over the years at HIE customer service doesn't seem to be real high on the list IMO.

There are lots of hotels in Forrest City. I've stayed at the Hampton, HIE and the Comfort Suites. Bang for buck I think the Comfort Suites is the best value and will definitely chose it next time I stay in Forrest City.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bryant, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

outside up to date- customer service at check in great- gave choices of area resturants with good results. quiet area despite local construction. room exceptionally clean- breakfast bar always stocked. check out very efficient

Room Tip: all rooms seem quiet and well cared for
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

At check in the ladies on the front desk were very friendly and offered local information for restaurants and such. We were assigned room 424. My wife and I go to our assigned room and as always the first thing we check is to make sure the linens are fresh. We pulled down the bed spread and top sheet the fitted sheet below appeared not to have been changed. We immediately called the front desk and they requested we come to the front desk. We were assigned a new room, number 421. Everything was good at this point. When we went to bed the mattress felt like we were resting on pavement. We had spent the night prior in Amarillo, TX at a Holiday Inn Express and that mattress was wonderful. We are Priority Club Members so we have spent a few nights in a HIE. We spent several nights with HIE prior to becoming members. This bed in this particular room was the worse night we experienced on this 14 night trip. We called HIE customer service to express our displeasure with the bed. We also inquired how someone would be able to distinguish between the two types of HIE’s. We were told you had to call and inquire about each unit. Surely there are standards that apply to all HIE’s when it comes to bedding. The outside appearances appear to be the same, as with the interior décor and room furnishings. We will try HIE once more and if we experience another night like we had HIE will not see us again.

I was told the hot breakfast was always great and we should try it. I cannot attest to the validity of the “good” breakfast statement because we left very early after the restless night.

All of the HIE employees we encountered were all very friendly and helpful. The employees did nothing wrong it is HIE management that needs to address this situation. After taking the time to call HIE customer service and then to be told by a HIE customer support representative that the customer needs to call to inquire about what type bedding is used at that particular unit is bit unsettling.

Other than the bedding situation the place was spotless and appeared to fairly new. It is in a good location, easy off and on the interstate.

Room Tip: we were told by a Holiday Inn Express customer service rep to ask about the type bedding or go check...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ashley B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Forrest City, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
We are so very sorry to hear of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We regret that your stay was anything less than great. We hope we get another chance to deliver a great guest eperience. Thank you so much for the compliments on the staff, we will be passing them on along with your feedback. We are very thankful for your feedback and can assure you we will be considering the best way to improve the issue.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Stopped here on way home. Hotel is very nice. Lobby has a good sitting area and nice set up for the breakfast bar. The young lady attending the breakfast bar did a great job.

The room was clean. Shower water was nice and hot.

Hotel parking had good lighting.
Was not sure about the surrounding area
(being close to Memphis)
but didn't feel unsafe staying here.

Would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ashley B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Forrest City, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad you felt safe and welcomed. We strive to deliver a great guest experience to each guest and it is so good to know we were able to do this for you. We hope to see you again. Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Forrest City.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Forrest City on my way to San Antonio. Very enjoyable stay: the rooms were very clean and fresh. The hotel seems to be newer and the rooms even had a "new room" smell. The carpeting and fixtures were very modern...and while the patterns were not my taste everything has a new look. All staff we interacted with was friendly and helpful. Everything you'd expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Recommend if you're in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ashley B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Forrest City, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
We are so thankful for your kind words. It is great to hear that we are delivering a great guest experience all the way around. Thank you so much for taking the time to share you experience. We hope to see you again as your travels lead you our way!!!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I have no real complaints other than the hot water had some troubles in the morning. The indoor pool was nice and the kids enjoyed it. The rooms were a little dated, but clean and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was good except for the egg dish which must have sat too long and the cheese inside wasnt melted. Front desk staff was fine and made a great restaurant recomendation. Overall good experience but next time I might wait until Little Rock.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ashley B, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Forrest City, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
We are so sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We pride ourselves on delivering great guest experiences and we dropped the ball. However we are so happy you and the kids enjoyed the pool. We hope you give us another chance as you travel through, so that we are able to deliver a guest experience that will make you love our brand. Thank you so much for choosing us as your home away from home.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Forrest City? Share your experiences!