“There is a reason they are # 1” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Forrest City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Austin, Texas
“There is a reason they are # 1”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Chose this Hotel because it was rated #1 on TripAdvisor and the price was right. From the minute I walked in I was impressed. Was very tired from being on the road for 10 hours, and felt very much at home. Kim at the front desk was very prompt and friendly. She gave me a much needed bottle of water and informed me that there was also juice and coffee and fresh baked chocolate chip cookies! The room was spacious and clean. I even ask Kim if this was a new place and she said it opened in 2008 (I think?). There was a microwave and frig hidden by cabinetry and a small couch, coffee and end table and a desk. Felt as though I could stay for a week and be very comfortable. Hot breakfast in the AM was excellent. Would definitively recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Arkadelphia,AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This wasn't a planned stop at this hotel. We were on our way back from a stay in Memphis and ended up staying later in the day than we planned. There was a traffic backup due to the road construction on I-40 W. I'm so glad we chose to stay at this hotel. Our double bed room was very spacious,complete with a sitting area furnished with a comfy couch. The beds were like sinking into a little piece of heaven. Room has fridge and microwave as well. Breakfast was until 10 instead of 9 like most places, and it was delicious with so many choices available hot or cold. My favorite was the sausage gravy, and it was the first hotel that I've visited that included omelets already made. The breakfast attendant was very nice and helpful, and the area was very clean. The front desk attendant even gave us little bags of pretzels and goldfish crackers for my 2 year old for the 3 hour trip back home. What a friendly touch! We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The double bed room is very spacious!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

My husband and I drove to Texas and stayed at the Comfort Suites. We like to drive to our destinations to allow time to do some sight-seeing and photography. We have stayed in Comfort Suites before, but this one was really a great find! The concierge was very pleasant and polite. The warm cookies helped. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The room was quiet with free wi-fi; TV was good with adequate choices of stations. The shower felt wonderful after a day of traveling. I think the water may have been soft-always a plus for this traveler! Breakfast was worth it; there was ample food that was very good. I always go for the waffles and had a choice of regular and strawberry. We stayed on our return trip and I had a choice regular and chocolate (I was not as adventurous on the return). The attendant was very pleasant. Comfort is their name and they made my trip comfortable! I highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
The Woodlands, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We choose Choice Hotel brands preferentially so our comparisons are objective, as extensive driving travelers we know what makes a quality property for an overnight stay - and this is one of them. Never have understood the flowing water wall you find in some Comfort Suites, but across from it there is flowing hospitality at the front desk, and that often sets the tone for the rest of the lodging experience. As other reviewers have noted, it's clean, well maintained, the beds are restful, TV is clear, towels fluffy and lots of hot water, but then for Comfort Suites pricing, you wouldn't expect any less. Breakfast is ample, fresh and tasty - the gravy for biscuits approaches top tier, always an issue in the South - but how often does the front desk staff offer to make some more warm cookies after the others are gone, or provide whipped cream to put on top of your evening hot chocolate? Overheard from the desk were offers to help elderly folks with luggage, and comforting words for stressed parents with distressed children after a long day on the road. That's what honest hospitality is all about, sadly missing from so many lodging locations today. Way to go!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Elgin, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

There is a hotel row in this area, the Comfort Suites has the nicest rooms by far for this run down area. The rooms are modern and clean. Free WIFI. Free breakfast is totally worth it, hot & cold items of big variety (Scrambled eggs, waffles, biscuits and gravy, cereal, rolls, bagels, yogurt, juice, coffee, milk, etc...) The breakfast lady is extremely nice. Indoor pool & hot tub were great. Pool was always a good temperature. The only downer was the service level here. We had a family reunion and they seemed understaffed and unable to handle the volume of people there. They did not bring any requested item to your room, you had to get it at the front desk if you wanted it.

Room Tip: Traveling with a 3yo, she loved that we had the King size bed and she got the pull out couch bed. S...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed just this last Friday night at this location. TOP NOTCH! Best medium priced hotel out there. I frequently stay at Comfort Inn's for work, and I know this is a step above that, but great bed, Clean, which is the most important thing to me, and helpful and friendly staff. I will definately stay there again if i'm heading that direction.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on the way to Hot Springs last weekend. Everything about it was GREAT. First great night sleep I had in months. I will stay here again. Thank you for providing such great service to your customers. This hotel should define the word hospitality.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Suites Forrest City? Share your experiences!