Myself, my girlfriend and our little dog went down this weekend.
We got there Friday night, were greeted by some lovely staff and showed round the main areas and to our room.
Our room was beautiful (number 12) and a door was available to go straight onto a secluded garden which was great for the dog.
Once dropping our bags off we went and had a few cocktails (elderflower mojitos - delicious) and sat in the snug. Instantly felt so relaxed and it was so nice that the dog was welcome everywhere!
We had dinner later that evening which was amazing, we both had ribeye steaks which were beautiful and a bottle of Malbec which was at the perfect temperature!
Up early the next day and the one downside for this place was trying to get a coffee in the morning, we were told to call the bar and they would bring us one but unfortunately there was no answer.
We got up, walked the dog and had our delicious breakfast. Then unfortunately it was time to check out.
We had a lovely time and will defiantly go again and recommend it to others, especially dog lovers!
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel Northleach
- Wheatsheaf Northleach
- The Wheatsheaf Inn Cotswolds/Northleach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In years gone by the Wheatsheaf Inn hosted large parties in the hall above the stables below where the teams of horses and coaches would be kept and above blindingly drunken parties would be held where coachmen, travellers and mysterious highwaymen would drink (the water wasn’t much good so it was mostly yards of ale), dance, tell tales, sing and generally be very badly behaved. The hall is now bedrooms but in the private dining room we still hold feasts where you can do the same thing. Whole suckling pigs or large joints of beef will be carried in, copious amounts of wine will be drunk and they you can just crawl upstairs to one of our 14 beautiful bedrooms. A feast may be a bit too much food on a normal night so you can also opt for simple bar snacks from £5 for something delicious on toast. All the food comes from our amazing suppliers, some is organic, some is not but mostly it is local and seasonal and is cooked by Anthony, Tim and the Wheatsheaf’s talented team of chefs. We are child and dog friendly and have a great garden. The inn in the heart of the beautiful Cotswolds in the historic market town of Northleach. It is within easy reach of Cirencester, Cheltenham and Oxford and about 1 1/2 hours drive from London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith so you can book your The Wheatsheaf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.