Stayed in £200 room for 2 nights and it was not worth it. Room was quite small but the bathroom was large. Whilst it is a listed building the windows were rotton and we did not have a great sleep due to noise from outside. Food was excellent, but we were served by teenagers, who were on the whole quite good but lacked direction at times. No cooked breakfast! astonishing that they have the nerve to charge extra for this. We enjoyed our stay but will not be returning anty time soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In years gone by the Wheatsheaf Inn hosted large parties in the hall above the stables below where the teams of horses and coaches would be kept and above blindingly drunken parties would be held where coachmen, travellers and mysterious highwaymen would drink (the water wasn’t much good so it was mostly yards of ale), dance, tell tales, sing and generally be very badly behaved. The hall is now bedrooms but in the private dining room we still hold feasts where you can do the same thing. Whole suckling pigs or large joints of beef will be carried in, copious amounts of wine will be drunk and they you can just crawl upstairs to one of our 14 beautiful bedrooms. A feast may be a bit too much food on a normal night so you can also opt for simple bar snacks from £5 for something delicious on toast. All the food comes from our amazing suppliers, some is organic, some is not but mostly it is local and seasonal and is cooked by Anthony, Tim and the Wheatsheaf’s talented team of chefs. We are child and dog friendly and have a great garden. The inn in the heart of the beautiful Cotswolds in the historic market town of Northleach. It is within easy reach of Cirencester, Cheltenham and Oxford and about 1 1/2 hours drive from London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, MrandMrsSmith, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Wheatsheaf Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel Northleach
- Wheatsheaf Northleach
- The Wheatsheaf Inn Cotswolds/Northleach