My husband won a competition in a local magazine for a one night luxury stay for two in the Mayflower Suite at Milsom’s Pier Hotel in Harwich. Included in the prize was a chilled bottle of Prosecco on arrival, 3 course dinner in their Harbourside Restaurant and full English breakfast. We arrived early in the afternoon to a welcoming reception and were presented with a bottle of Prosecco in a wine cooler filled with ice. The suite is fabulous, very large and clean, with a huge bow window and a telescope looking out to sea. As there is very little to do in Harwich on a Saturday afternoon we made full use of the large comfy armchairs with matching footrests as we enjoyed the Prosecco. There was a pile of magazines together with a copy of their own recipe book and we decided to purchase a copy which the staff obligingly got both of the chefs to sign for us. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and our room had everything we could wish for. Complimentary mini bar, jelly beans, DVD player and large wide screen TV, robes and slippers, and a huge, comfy bed. When we finally had to drag ourselves away from our suite for dinner, we were again greeted warmly and shown to our table. Dinner was delicious and we both had local crab followed by lobster together with sides of peas and fries. We eventually retired to our room, full and happy to enjoy coffee from the excellent coffee machine in our room.
Our break came just a couple of weeks before our 9th wedding anniversary and it gave us time to relax and unwind at a time when we both needed it. We were treated very well, and not like a couple who were lucky enough to win a ‘freebie’. Our thanks go to the staff of The Pier for making this a truly memorable weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We thank you for your feedback, however we do not respond to individual comments. The Pier Hotel is located in two historic buildings that stand proudly on the quay side of old Harwich. The hotel's main building, built in the 1850's, houses two celebrated seafood restaurants - The Ha' Penny on the ground floor and the Harbourside on the first floor - and seven second-floor bedrooms, most of which overlook the estuary.The year 2000 saw the acquisition of the next door building, formerly the Angel public house, which dates back to the 1700's and is now fully refurbished and converted into a further seven bedrooms.All 14 bedrooms are carefully furnished with many individual touches and all have private bathrooms, satellite TV, minibars, telephone and welcome tea and coffee tray. In addition, the family-friendly feel of the hotel continues into the bedrooms with several of them offering sofa beds for accompanying children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your The Pier Hotel at Harwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pier At Harwich Hotel Harwich
- Pier Hotel Harwich
- The Pier Hotel Harwich
- The Pier Hotel At Harwich England