The Westwood has boutique style and quality rooms.
Each has a different style and ours, although at the front of the property, was both quiet and comfortable.
The property is, like much of Lyme Regis, ‘up a hill’ which makes walking down to the front easy and good exercise on the way back.
The Westwood’s owner, Lavinia is helpful, interesting and a great host.
I doubt this is a place for children (think there is an age limit of 12+) but it does attract a wide range of guests and is suitable for all.
The breakfasts, taken in a fantastic conservatory, are excellent with a tremendous choice of good food.
Drawbacks? I guess parking is the one concern. There is a two bay car park on one side of the property and 4/5 on the other but these are on something of a slope and do result in all but 2 cars being boxed in. Lavinia seems more than capable of moving guest’s cars around if you can bear to let someone else drive your pride and joy.
Overall, highly recommended
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwood Guest House is a luxury bed & breakfast accommodation in the beautiful Dorset resort of Lyme Regis at the heart of the Jurassic coast. The building as been extended and tastefully refurbished to the highest standards. The contemporary feel to Westwood offers much, much more than you’d expect from a guest house. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!Each room has been individually designed to be comfortable, relaxing and features stunning views from every aspect. From the front of the house you can look over Lyme Bay, right across Lyme Bay to Portland Bill and Golden Cap, from the rear of the house you can enjoy wonderful woodland views.All our rooms have either Super King, King or Twin beds and feature large en-suite shower rooms, each one offers a host of features such as: flat screen TV’s, hairdryers, iron and ironing boards.On arrival you will find fresh milk in your own fridge, in addition, there’s a safe for your valuables… just the right size for your laptop. And talking of laptops, the whole of the house is totally ‘wifi’ enabling you to stay in touch whenever you take your holiday break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Westwood Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwood Guest House Hotel Lyme Regis
- Westwood Guest House Lyme Regis, Dorset