“Exciting, Israely Breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Exciting, Israely Breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Excellent Value for money, cheap as chips, lovely location on the beach at the beautiful Lyme Regis. Food was excellent and well presented. We had, falafel, pitta bread, houmous, olives and red cabbage and shredded carrot also a Greek salad. Falafel was homemade as well as the houmous absolutely delish, portions were plentiful, would certainly visit again. Thank you

• Visited June 2014

weymouth
“Expensive coffee -- poor quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We only stopped here for a coffee and a sit down for a short rest. The view out of the front was excellent -- Lyme Regis harbour and the Cob.

Unfortunately the service did not match up to the view. It took ages for the women behind the counter to sort out the customer in front of us, while clearing away used crockery at the same time, and then she had to search for the credit-card machine thing to take the payment.

I was eventually served and was somewhat taken aback when I was asked for £5.10 for two cups of coffee -- maybe I should have checked the prices on a menu before I ordered (if there had been one available). Never mind, I had been served so sat down to drink my coffee. It was by a long way the worst cup of coffee that I have had in a long time. It was so bitter it was almost undrinkable.

When we left we checked the restaurant a few yards away and their coffee was just £1.50 a cup.

We live and learn.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lyme Regis
“Try this beach-side Cafe for great value freshly cooked meals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Living in Lyme Regis you get to know the cafes and restaurants that offer the best value.
Yesterday, we dropped in to The Beach House Cafe after a long walk that had built up our appetites. My wife ordered the falafel with pitta bread and salad and I chose the all-day breakfast.
Both meals were freshly cooked, nicely presented and served up quickly. We always sit outside
when we can as we like to people-watch or just gaze at the beach which is only a few strides away from the tables and chairs. The café is run by Audrey and her daughter Kate. It's become a favourite not least because they always try to vary the menu with some good specials. So you don't just see the same old things time after time like you do in some eateries.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Best coronation chicken EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Lyme Regis is a bit expensive when it comes to getting food, no one really wants to spend £7 on a baguette --- unless it is pure palatable heaven! What I had was simply perfection. I'll start with the boring bit first, the baguette itself. It was so fresh and perfect! Yes, that is the boring bit because nothing and I mean NOTHING can come close to that coronation chicken. Firstly, there was so much of it. None of this tight no filling stuff. There was so much I did not know where to start! It was simply the best I've ever tasted. The blend of flavours was exquisite. A hint of apricot, a whiz of mustard, some mayonnaise and really fresh chicken. It's worth noting I don't even like apricot or mustard! Yet this was perfect. I am a fairly big eater but this filled me up. That is very rare for a baguette. The view is brilliant outside, who doesn't like the beach, the sea and the wonderful sea air. Every single person in our group loved their food, what can I say. A brilliant little place to eat and I shall be returning!

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic vegetarian food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I visited this cafe whilst visiting the local area with family. After a frustrating while trying to find a place which served a decent vegetarian lunch at a reasonable price (over £7 for a baguette?!) I finally came across The Beach House Cafe, which was a quaint little cafe right on the beach front. I have to say the food, atmosphere, service etc was fantastic! There was a group of six of us and everybody was absolutely thrilled with their food, and was easily the best lunch we have ever had in the area - my family's still talking about the coronation chicken!