“evening meal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 64 Restaurants in Lyme Regis
Cuisines: International
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Acclaimed Chef sourcing the finest and freshest local produce, in tune with the seasons. Creating dishes influenced by the best of British. Dine in the cosy bar with beamed ceilings and crackling fireplace or in the subtle, elegant restaurant overlooking Lyme. Alternatively soak up panoramic views of the Jurassic coast in the garden on the patio or in the breeze house. The Mariners is more than a place to eat - it’s a place to experience!
Southampton, United Kingdom
“evening meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The restuarant could do with a bit more colour on the wall to give it some more warmth. The food is very good, but not cheap, but I do not mind when I have a really good meal.

Visited January 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Steak”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Our experience in the resataurant was not great.
First of all the £17.99 three course meal had everything on but the lamb shank I wanted so I had to go for the separate more expensive menu having the mussels for a starter which were excellent and the chargrilled steak at £17.99 was terrible it tasted of smoke and was inedible to me. My husband swopped me my steak for a lamb chop from his mixed grill and it was tough so I asked for my steak back to complain and he had eaten half of it. The waitress came back and told me the chef did not like the taste of chargrilled either. I was appalled as I have had steaks at lots of BBQ,s and restaurants including Bernie Inns that were local to us. My daughter thought her fish was bland. I felt the staff did not treat us as well at the hotel after I complained at the end of the day I paid £17.99 for a few french fries and meagre veg. Loved the hotel it was quaint and very clean. We found some excellent restaurants in Lyme Regis, the food was excellent but they were all expensive at approx £25 per head.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Disappointing Sunday Lunch”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Having looked forward and researched where we would go for Sunday Lunch, this experience proved to be very disappointing. On arrival we were greeted well and showed into the pleasant lounge with views over Lyme Bay. Our expecatations were high at this point - we had been led to believe that the restaurant was going to be busy at 1.00pm so we booked for 12.30pm. Other than us, the Dining Room was completely empty. The food arrived and was well presented .....however, from here on, the experience went down hill quite rapidly. We had both ordered the roast lamb and on serving, a sprig of rosemary was decorating the top of the cut lamb. Looked nice .....but on closer inspection, my partner found several insects still attached to the sprig! ...clearly NOT washed after picking. We called the waitress who apologised and took the sprig away to the kitchen - NO MORE was heard from the kitchen. As a matter of fact, this was the LAST we saw of the waitress until........after 15 minutes or so had passed, no-one had come to ask if all was OK, no apology for the insects and no one asked whether we would like any wine or water with the meal. My partner actually had to visit the kitchen and ask for 2 glasses of the house red as we had not been offered any wine list. By the time the wine arrived, we had very nearly finished the meal. In addition, I myself, found another insect on my sprig of rosemary which I pointed out to the waitress when she came to collect our plates. Needless to say, we didn't bother with a sweet or coffee. On leaving, the Dining Room was still EMPTY and on paying (not accepting American Express??) we again, were NOT asked if all had been OK. Unsure how this place would cope if it was busy and they should possibly spend more time in training the staff to a suitable and expected standard rather than on advertising in and around the area.

Penrith, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The menu was very extensive and we had trouble choosing! The standard of food was really good and reasonably priced for a hotel.

Visited September 2012
Watford, United Kingdom
“great staff great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We are regulars at the Mariners. All of the staff are friendly and welcoming. You can eat in the bar or the dining room. We have eaten in both. They have a very comfy lounge to sit in before your meal to have a drink and make your choices and also a place to sit after your meal for a coffee. We have never been let down with the standard of food. They are very accomodating if you have special dietry requirements. We vist once a fortnight when we come to town.

• Visited October 2012