“Excellent meal in a nice setting” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #7 of 11 Restaurants in Yelverton
Cuisines: British, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Description: This popular pub has been owned by the same family since the 1880.s.We still offer a great range of local, high quality ales, Westcountry ciders and a varied wine list. Our Chef uses really local produce for her very tasty menu, come and try some of our pies, curries, Sunday roasts or just a Cream Tea. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal in a nice setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Enjoyed a very good meal in the restaurant. The service was first class and the meal selected from a varied menu was very enjoyable. The service was impeccable and the bill was reasonable. There are two seperate eating areas inside and both looked to be busy and atmospheric. If the wather is nice then eating in the outside area is a good option. There is a good mix of holiday makers and locals and if looking to eat at the weekend it would pay to book ahead to guarantee a table.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ennetbuergen, Switzerland
“nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

good atmosphere inexpensive food parking was a bit difficult with the lunch time rush. good menu choices too

Visited June 2013
Farnborough
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We sat in the Farmers Bar (dogs welcome) and ordered a meal. The portion size was good and both meals were reasonably priced - steak and lamb both cooked beautifully.

Visited June 2013
New Milton, United Kingdom
“GREAT FOOD AND REASONABLY PRICED”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were staying over the road at the Rosemont - who do not do an evening meal but who recommended the Rock - we are delighted they did the food was excellent the service impeccable and the bill a very pleasant surprise.

Decided to sit outside for our coffee (much to the delight of the staff - as they had people queueing for a seat - and even whilst out there the staff were happy to come out and ensure that everything was to our satisfaction - read a couple of the reviews to the right of this page and all i can say is that they must have called into another pub - as they no way represent our experience of the Rock Inn - so well done to all the staff and management

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Falkirk
“A Farce”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We met friends there. Dave ordered marinated olives as a starter but they were fresh out of marinated olives so he went without a starter. When the other starters were served the waitress told us the 'Pie of the Day' (heavily recommended on two blackboards) which I had ordered wasn't ready yet and they were just making the pastry. We asked how long it would be and were told an hour, plus the barmen who took the order were aware of this and shouldn't have taken the order. I went to the blackboard to re-choose and suggested to the barman that he took the dish off the black board as it wasn't available. "No they're just putting it in the oven now" he replied.
I re-chose haddock on a bed of spinach with a poached egg on top. Almost precisely an hour after we first ordered, the main courses arrived. Two burgers ordered were so thin and tiny they were served on a side plate in burger buns that were raw buns cut in half. Lovely. Don't get me started on the crockery! I mean I like vintage but really! As for my dish I was able to pick up the poached egg and wiggle it around it was so dry and rubbery, the fish had bones sticking out of it like a splay of fingers and the spinach was cold and watery. The barman came over and apologised, asked me if I wanted something else but at this point I didn't want to make a third choice of dish so I declined and he offered me a drink, we already had a bottle of wine so I also declined that offer. All I wanted was an edible meal with friends, mission not possible obviously. We won't be back unless we hear it has changed hands, it used to be a nice busy place to go, but not any more.

• Visited May 2013