“EXCELLENT FOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
honiton
“EXCELLENT FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We visit sawatdee restaurant on a regular basis and find the food and service of an excellent quality and standard. I would recommend everyone to visit this establishment and give it a try, you will not be disapointed.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Far From Authentic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

As a lover of Thai food I was very excited to see Sawatdee open up in Honiton. I was however left extremely dissapointed. Whilst it is obvious that the ladies working in the kitchen are of Thai origin, the food is more likely of Makro origin, the sauces were bland, the crispy dishes were soggy, the sticky rice was stodgey, reminiscent of a dodgy back road Chinese. It could not be further from anything I have ever eaten in Thailand, or indeed any other Thai restaurant in the UK. Such a shame because a good quality authentic Thai restaurant would go down a storm in Honiton!!

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London
“Below average food; basics are disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I called Sawatdee and asked if they offered a delivery service - which they do not. I ordered from the menu and went for dishes that are staples of Thai cuisine; Phad Thai, Tom Yum Soup and went out on a limb and ordered some dumplings; this cost me just over £20.

What I got was noodles with a spicy tomato sauce for the Phad Thai, a weird soup with lemongrass & 4 delicious dumplings. I was disappointed in the restaurant as the reviews in Trip Advisor stated the food was 5/5. Maybe I am spoilt living in London and restaurants here HAVE to be good otherwise they would close down.

Sorry, but I cannot recommend this restaurant for the abysmal Phad Thai & soup that tasted of nothing but lemongrass; the soup was not advertised as lemongrass soup but a spicy soup which equates to Tom Yum. Which it was not.

Visited December 2012
Eastleigh
“The positive reviews are justified.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Tried Sawatdee purely on the reviews on Tripadvisor and was not disappointed. Very friendly greeting and service, right through our stay. Food was excellent and very reasonably priced. I can only recommend that if you're in the area, try Sawatdee.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great Food but no more free crackers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

We have been so many times, and the food is always enjoyable. However, on our last visit we did not receive a bowl of crackers whilst waiting as is usual, so we asked for them, only to find that they are now added to the bill. Upon querying this we were told they were no longer complimentary. Hope they do not loose their charm.

Visited October 2012