We booked Honeysuckle cottage for the Easter weekend and had a fantastic time.
Despite arriving early Karen let us into our cottage without any fuss and showed us how everything worked. There were two pieces of tasty ginger cake waiting for us as well as some basic kitchen essentials (milk, washing up liquid, dishwasher tabs etc).
Everything in the cottage was immaculate and it's extremely well laid out with the living room, decking and hot tub all looking out over the picturesque Otter valley. There is underfloor heating throughout making you feel warm and cosy and it would have been very easy to have spent the entire weekend indoors.
I'm glad we didn't though as Odle farm is perfectly located to get out and see Devon's sights as well as the spectacular south western coast. Indeed one of the many nice touches is that on booking you are provided with a list of places to see and places to eat based on genuine reviews from past guests.
There's no sense in repeating the recommendations in full here but our top tips would be:
1. If you are a couple book Honeysuckle cottage it's slightly removed from the other cottages and feels like your own little world. Sitting in the hot tub under the stars on a cold night was particularly enjoyable.
2. Canonteign falls are beautiful and make a nice walk
3. Walk to the Sidmouth arms in nearby Uppottery - the food is excellent and you will feel virtuous on the walk back!
4. Visit the coast, our favourite was Lyme Regis but there are any number of pretty seaside towns nearby
5. Cream tea at Otterton Mill - you're in Devon you are going to have to have cream tea and the portions here are enormous. It's worth investing a bit extra and having the savoury version as well.
I can imagine Odle farm is equally enjoyable with children or in a group as there is a large spa area serving the other cottages as well as a communal games room boasting a pool table, air hockey, and table tennis.
We would definitely stay again and one final recommendation would be to take advantage of the home made ready meals on offer if you have a long drive down to the farm. They were tasty and made us feel better about crashing out on our first night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have four self catering cottages at Odle Farm accommodating between 2 and 5 guests, all have use of hot tubs, the couples cottages having their own private hot tubs. The bed and breakfast accommodation consists of a double room, a twin room and a family suite, all with ensuite bathroom facilities. Situated overlooking the beautiful Otter Valley with outstanding views we aim to offer you a relaxing stay, home away from home. The games room with pool table, air hockey, table tennis and darts together with plenty of board games and books provide added entertainment to help create happy, lasting memories of your visit. We look forward to welcoming you to Odle Farm. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Odle Farm Holiday Cottages & B & B Honiton, Devon