“Seals, dolphins and great fishing - what more could you want?!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 13 Activities in Padstow
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishing trips & charter boat hire in Padstow, Cornwall. Doesn't matter whether you are a professional angler or a beginner, we will make your trip enjoyable and unforgettable. 2 hour, 4 hour & all day fishing trips. Hen & stag parties are welcome!
Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Seals, dolphins and great fishing - what more could you want?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a great 8hr trip on board Emma Kate 2. As a group of 5 there was plenty of space on board and Lee and his mate did a really good job of keeping us all fishing for the maximum amount of time and importantly putting us over the right spots. Most of us are total beginners when it comes to fishing but there was no shortage of help when required and we all managed to catch so no complaints there. We also had dolphins escort us out and back and Lee swung by a small island to show us the resident seals which was a really nice touch.

All in all it was a superb day out and would highly recommend.

Visited September 2013

Solihull
“Excellent as usual!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I go to Padstow every year and my first job upon arriving is to book my mackerel fishing trip - always EMMA KATE 11, then I know I am on holiday!

Lee, the skipper, is always helpful and friendly and is very patient with us land-lubbers who board his boat not knowing one end of the fishing rod from the other. This year we caught plenty of mackerel - no great skill involved and it is easy for anyone to do - Lee and his first mate do the difficult job of taking the fish off the hook whilst ducking out of the way of a boat full of people waving their rods around their heads. The boat is always immaculately clean and Lee is happy to chat once the job of catching supper is out of the way.

I have only good things to say about the Emma Kate and her crew. Obviously they cannot guarantee that you actually catch mackerel - sometimes you cannot pull your rod out of the water quick enough and other times they are elusive - but that is fishing for you! Personally, I just like bobbing around on the sea anyway, if I can catch my supper as well that is an added bonus.

All in all, I cannot recommend the Emma Kate and Lee highly enough. If you are going to Padstow and want to go fishing then he is the man to go to.

Visited September 2013
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“4 hour reef and wreck trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

As a carp angler myself i was really looking forward to my first sea fishing trip and it was great.The skipper and 1 crew man were both great seven of us went out and a few came down sea sick with 1 lady a bit scared but the skipper kept her calm all trip. The steam out was amazing crashing through the water was the best bit for me .The fishing was slow for me and another lad but the other side of the boat were catching cod,pollock,gurnard everybody got something to take home even those who didnt catch got a big pollock for supper.e £30 for 4 hours fun plus supper you carnt beat it you go look at the fish prices in rick stiens and you will soon see what a bargain emma kate trips are.

Stafford, United Kingdom
“Great day fishing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Due to the few negative reviews here I was in two minds as to whether or not to make the trip on Emma Late 2 but decided to give it a go in the end. I went out with my wife and two kids (seven and five) along with 7 or 8 other passengers. What a great trip.
Mackerel caught must have numbered well over 100, the skipper and has mate were brilliant, even helped my wife when she became sea-sick. Kids loved it.
All rounded off that evening with fresh mackerel on the barbecue - perfect.
Anyone considering it, give it a go, it's brilliant.

London, United Kingdom
“Fishing Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I booked Emma Kate 11 for four hours fishing in August and it was not long until we had a few mackerel on the deck,this was only a couple of miles outside Padstow by a rocky island,we then ventured out further to find a number of Pollock,in all we had over twenty five fish which were gutted for us on the journey to shore. Lee the skipper was on time and ready to go,he handled the boat well and made sure all my guests were happy and tangle free.
I would highly recommend the day out and we finished our day with a tasty feast!
Well done to the Skipper and his crew.

Justin Williams