“Not great (this time....)” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Fast Food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Leicester
“Not great (this time....)”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Visited here for takeaway fish and chips whilst on holiday recently. Had enjoyed, last summer, a great meal at Walkers, so good we called again. But, the chips were ok, just ok, the fish was small with lots of bones and far too much batter - very greasy. Very disappointed and wish we hadn't bothered.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Good chips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We called in here on our recent visit to Padstow. We just shared a cone of chips as we walked along the seafront of this beautiful harbour town. The chips were very good, and we would definitely go back for more.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
essex
“worst fish and chips ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Visited Walkers on the 2nd July after walking around the town & decided to eat here as had the perfect views this is the only good thing about this place.
Went up to order the haddock & chips for my mum & the mushroom omelette for myself as im vegetarian with a bottle of water & can of coke, came to £18.40 which I thought was reasonable considering where we was but when the food came up the chips were tepid & the fish was the smallest bit ever & was more bones & batter & my omelette was also cold & this should have been red hot as obviously coooked to order.
Couldn't check trip advisor before hand as no signal but will check next time before we go where is the best place to eat.
Left the place feeling like we had'nt eaten and very dissppointed
Could be the perfect place to eat & be a money spinner

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Soggy chips and greasy fish”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Not very impressed with this one. Chips were OK but a bit soggy, but the fish was the real disappointment. Still a bit slimy and the batter was thick and soggy on the inside and very greasy.

Wouldn't try hear again in a rush. According to my brother the battered sausage was passable though.

Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointing as previously great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stopped for lunch on a gorgeous day - would have eating outside but thought the seagulls would eat more of it than me so we went inside - ordered fish and chips twice and 2 teas. Food arrived before we sat down (and the restaurant was fairly empty) so guessed what we were being served. The fish and chips were old and cold and I had to return them (not like me to complain at all) they were removed - we were informed that the fish to cook fresh could be up to 10 minutes and so I would have to wait. I agreed. When the new food was reserved it was hot and tasted proper. Hygiene leaves a lot to be desired. Would not be my choice to return unless it looked like it had improved. Great location and could do so much better and be more profitable if effort and training given to staff on a regular basis. I felt it was expensive but all fish and chip restaurants appear to have risen there prices this year.

• Visited June 2014